FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
OH Grouser

Ohio Wayne NF Habitat Project

Riffle Runner

Roger,

thanks for posting this.  I forwarded the link to 7 hunting buddies asking that they submit comments and forward the link to others.  

Scott

OH Grouser

Whew, I'm back on the interweb after a near disaster hard drive crash on the laptop...

10 hours ago, Riffle Runner said:

Roger,

thanks for posting this.  I forwarded the link to 7 hunting buddies asking that they submit comments and forward the link to others.  

Scott

Thanks, Scott...I appreciate the effort and hope a few of those guys will comment on the project.

Tim, you're just realistic and not being Debbie Downer. First thought I had on the project was 'too bad it's not 29,000 acres instead of 2900 acres'...so I agree, it's not much in the grand scheme of things. If nothing else, it may be a good test case for the likelihood of future habitat management occurring on the Wayne. 

My interest in the project is admittedly tied to my experience in the area many years ago. It's where I learned to hunt grouse, and also learned you have to be OK with letting an aged out cover go and scout for new ones to replace them. I'd love to be able to go back in 10 -15 years and flush a grouse in that area, but that might be wishful thinking given our current situation. I just don't want to be the last one out of the woods here - I don't want to be the one to turn out the lights.

Roger