FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
grouse28

Official start of spring in Lancaster County

Spin
30 minutes ago, Grifish said:

Ok, between your post and DaveinMaine, I understand a bit better.  It is poison, but, some folks still eat it!

Let's not kid ourselves. We eat preserved meats of all sorts knowing or at best choosing Not to know and staying optimistic about the future.

There are all kinds of eating advisories on a plethora of fish species from certain waters that warns against eating or against eating by young children, pregnant or nursing mothers or limits the amount to be eaten to stay within "safe" limits of contaminants consumed yet any number of people still insist on chowing down on these "poisonous fish". While I generally try not to give the Grim Reaper the raspberries too often  I have to confess myself that I have heard the siren call of Genoa Salami, Duck Fat French fries, really well marbled Prime Steak or Select Cuts of Pork and perhaps the Deadliest of All  ----- Bacon!

PS.  I love steamed fiddleheads too. Keep it to a minimum and within reason. There's most likely people out there who would like to see you around for awhile. On the other hand, Live a Little! We only walk This Path but once. Life is short and hard. Enjoy it when you can now and then.

grouse28

Grifish:

Common plantain, aka pigs ear?

introduced species

Grifish
1 hour ago, grouse28 said:

Grifish:

Common plantain, aka pigs ear?

introduced species

Just looked up pic and I don’t think that is it. It is  about 3’ tall and has a nasty thick stem,leaves are about 5” long it also has small brown seeds in rows at the top.  Thinking about it, it is more of a summer weed.

grouse28

Grifish

Great northern Mullen, kind of fuzzy leaves.?