FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Fire Marshal Bill

Red Sox

Fire Marshal Bill

How about those Red Sox, 12 & 2!!! Best start in franchise history. They will be tested next week in LA. 

atticus

I had a free lunch with on a colleague the other day in new haven, CT.  Last year we bet a pizza lunch on who would win the AL East and he was settling up;  I won betting on the Sox even though his Yankees went to the ALCS. 

When the Yanks picked up Stanton, he was on the phone looking for a double or nothing wager---I refused thinking the Sox couldn't match that lineup. He was mighty glum about his team during lunch. I ate my fill-- and then some, of great pizza, but wouldn't renew the bet. 

I still think the Yankees have a better lineup but I'm starting to think the Sox have a better team and the better rookie manager. It looks to be a fun season. 

Fire Marshal Bill

Attics,  overall I would with you. However I think it's to early in the season to say how good of a manager Cora is going to be. The pitching has been so good he really hasn't had to make any difficult decision yet. Only time will tell. But there's no question he has a terrific team to work with. As far as the Yankees, they will fine there way. They have a good team also and will be right up near the top, if not on top, by the end of the season. 

gunsrus

I bought a "Joe kelly fight club" T shirt .

atticus

Kelly got quite the ovation at the bruins game last night. I just wish he wouldn't swing with his pitching hand. 

Brad Eden

Sale is knocking them down today. KKKK....No facemask, no underarmour, no gloves, just skin in freezing temps. 

Im psyched that Porcello is back to his Cy Young form....after last season Im surprised he didn't take a job as a groundskeeper.

Loads of depth. Bogarts and Betts and Pedroia and Nunez all out and they are still in the game.

Dave in Maine

Season's still young.

Cora made a real bush move at Phil Nevin during the brawl the other night, something the Yankees are not likely to forget.

Fire Marshal Bill
4 hours ago, Dave in Maine said:

Season's still young.

Cora made a real bush move at Phil Nevin during the brawl the other night, something the Yankees are not likely to forget.

D in M, I agree, that was a cheap shot by Cora and they probably will pay for it in NY in a couple of weeks. Brad, it is nice to see Percello back to his old self. If the pitching staff stays healthy they are going to be hard to beat. Well the bats need to stay hot also. If you remember last year the pitching was there but they couldn't score any runs and would lose by one or two runs. Right now they are firing on all cylinders and I'm just riding the wave!!!

gundogpa

It's been a fun start that's for sure. It doesn't mean that the end of the season will be as good but if you had a choice.....12-2 is the way to go. There are still some issues to work out but the starting pitching has been great, the hitting has been heating up and the injuries haven't been an issue yet.

Cora seems to be doing good so far........it'll be a while to know for sure. Lots of players that are fun to watch. Bene, Betts and devers.......a recharged Ramirez and a new Xander (before the injury) has been fun to watch and JD is warming up too. Sale pitching is a must watch. All in all they are fun to watch.

The Yankees are better than they have played lately and the top of their order is superior with Gardner, Judge, Stanton, Sanchez and Didi.........that is brutal to pitch against. The back end is not too scary......the redsox lineup is deeper if not as formidable. (not counting some of the recent ones......a back end of Holt, Leon, Lin and JBJ is.....eh......weak.

Should be a great summer. 

gunsrus

Red Sox roughed up Ohtani and the Angels last night 10-1 . Ohtani was supposed to be the big test for the Sox . They even had the game on Japanese TV , a rarity . 

Holy Crap .......... what a start . 

How bout those Yankees losing 10-1 to the Marlins ?????       I have to get my digs in while I can !

gunsrus

My bad , Marlins only scored 9 runs . Looks like Giancarlo Stanton is having a problem dealing with Bronx pressure . 

walt lister

A Z Diamondbacks not far behind. Won 12 lost 4 against mostly division teams, haven't lost a series yet. One hitter last night against SF Giants and their best hitter, Goldschmidt, hasn't been hitting up to his standard.

gunsrus

Holy Crap , Sox kicked the Angels butts again last night  9-0 . 15-2 now , what a start .

Fire Marshal Bill
12 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Holy Crap , Sox kicked the Angels butts again last night  9-0 . 15-2 now , what a start .

I can't believe it!! I thought when they got out West they would really be tested. Not so, the Sox's trounced'm both games. However long it last I'm going to enjoy it. It's the Red Sox after all you know there going to hit a bump in road sooner or later. They always do. The big question is can they survive the bump. Time will tell. 

WMassGriff

Heck, they haven't fielded their best lineup yet! I'm thinking that they have the depth to carry them a long ways this year. Very impressed with the bench players and of course the starting pitching.