• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
max2

Deer ~ Section

max2

Last evening at dusk I was headed to my tax preparer to pick up my paperwork ( typical day before there due  pick-up :))   Deer crossing the road everywhere.  Just before I arrived at my location 4 does with the littlest doe I have ever seen this time of year coming in last. As I watched them head out into a  field void of any snow and what looked liked some bright green vegetation sprouting I remember thinking  and so life begins. Next I looked up on the hill from where they came down and there in single file had to be 12 or more deer waiting to cross .  Quite a cool site. That pic was filed away in my memory bank .   They made it through a tuff winter..... 

WPG Gizmo

About a week ago we are eating dinner and Paula looks out the back door standing in the neighbors yard is a doe she points it out to me about how nice it was to see it.  I look out the door and pointed out the other 8 she didnt see :D

Brad Eden

Same here. Seeing deer crossing roads, especially at night and out in the open during the day which is still unusual in most of Maine. Just this morning I saw 3-4 just off the road in a clearing at 10am. I didn't find any winter I'll or winter coyote kills in the yarding areas I snowshoe to etc. I think they did just fine.