gunsrus

Barbara Bush

gunsrus

A very good friend works Secret Service . He tells the story of an evening outside the ranch with horrible weather . Mrs Bush went outside and demanded the agents come inside out of the weather . Once inside , she made them hot coffee and cookies she had baked for them . 

A very warm , caring person indeed . 

mccuha

I don’t know them but the Bush’s are from the greatest American era. This will be a sad day when they are gone.  

Remo

People like BB are ones you can look up to and admire for their classy act. She always had grace and dignity.

DTB

I met her briefly once after one of their Islamorada fishing trips.

I was very impressed that both her and her husband shook hands,took photos and made small talk with the many fishing guides,Marine Patrol and Coast Guard members that worked on security for the trip.

I remember thinking that they must do this everywhere they go and yet were very gracious with all of us.

trust me

There's a story about Bush I as a child being chauffeured to school, and the lesson he learned about humility.  I'll have to dig that one up.

Cooter Brown

She passed this evening.

RIP, Mrs. Bush, and thanks for your service.

UplandHntr

wow that was quick after the press release. RIP to the Silver Fox

olddog22202

Wonderful lady. RIP.

Mike

mshowman

This country just lost one of the truly great ones. She’ll be missed. 

George Foster

Another very Wonderful Lady gone. 

DennisMcFeely

A class act and a force in her own right.  The proverbial woman behind the man for seventy plus years. 

Fire Marshal Bill

RIP Mrs Bush. You served your country good. 

terrym

She seemed like a strong woman and based on the comments here very much a class act. RIP. 

DTB

This is a badly damaged picture that hung in the Lorelei restaurant for years until the restaurant was flooded by a hurricane about ten years ago . Looks like it was again in our latest hurricane as well

Picture shows Mrs. Bush and Mrs. Nicholas Brady pushing the guides skiff off a shallow spot.The guide was Hank Brown. The story was the boat got stuck so the ladies rolled up their pant legs and got in the water to push. Hank stayed in the boat and polled.

I was not on this particular trip but was able to participate on two later trips.

IMG_8133.thumb.JPG.2c26545f7d10b40a548102ff7a4172a2.JPG

IMG_8134.thumb.JPG.8bf13cd338fa0ec19209de25c4cc77fd.JPG

Don Steese

Class and dignity right to the end. R.I.P.   I'd be willing to bet her husband will follow her soon. Happens that way a lot and always seems fitting. Great loss to the nation.