• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Wisconsin

April Thunder

Wisconsin

My 64th year and I never witnessed this before. Woodcock should be dancing in our training field. Drumming logs out back are covered with 2 feet of snow. Neighbors are still ice fishing in the river-bottom slough. I'm burning wood from next season's stock pile. And my bird dogs can walk over our 5 foot tall exercise area fence. Thunder accompanied last weekend's snowstorm that left 28 inches of snow in its wake. I'm getting too old for this crap.

Ken

2018snowstorm2.JPG

2018snowstorm.JPG

RuffChaser
32 minutes ago, Wisconsin said:

My 64th year and I never witnessed this before. Woodcock should be dancing in our training field. Drumming logs out back are covered with 2 feet of snow. Neighbors are still ice fishing in the river-bottom slough. I'm burning wood from next season's stock pile. And my bird dogs can walk over our 5 foot tall exercise area fence. Thunder accompanied last weekend's snowstorm that left 28 inches of snow in its wake. I'm getting too old for this crap.

Ken

2018snowstorm2.JPG

2018snowstorm.JPG

We got thunder and lightning right by my house Saturday in the middle of our blizzard. That was a first for me as well.

Ben Hong

Ken, my sympathies Old Chum. We escaped the frozen stuff but we really got buckets full of rain through the night. Took almost 18 inches off the snow pile on my lawn.

Spin

I feel your pain Brother. A three day long blizzard in the middle of April. My ain't those brisk 50 mph winds refreshing! The big garage out back got nailed a glancing blow that took out the gutter, damaged the eve, trashed the metal facing on the face of the soffit and the main trunk of that downed tree also nailed the LP tank. I'm very glad that the  regulator valve and lines running to the house weren't damaged. The fence around the backyard got trashed in three separate places. I've got a friend in Vegas who's as much of a brother to me as my real one. At times like this with a ton or so of green wood that has to be cut up and moved away Nevada is looking pretty good.

quailguy

I'm totally sick of this winter !!! Cold, wet, snow. Its 36 and still we are getting, have been getting

snow showers and squalls all day. Enough, already !!! 

Does Spring ever come to NE PA ??? 

Jacquidog

Mother nature is off her meds.

Ruffs.N.Brooks

Had some pretty serious lightning and thunder by me (north of the metro) on Saturday.  Crazy stuff. 

gunsrus
On 4/17/2018 at 11:42 AM, Wisconsin said:

Ken

2018snowstorm2.JPG

2018snowstorm.JPG

And here I am complaining about all the rain and mud !