FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Marc Ret

Rags to Riches (Hopefully)

Don Steese

The good Lord sure has blessed the earth with some beautiful creatures!!  

max2

Marc Ret - after reading this post ~  off to my shop I went. Scavenged up the last of some cedar I had and was able to come up with these 3 box's. I had to glue some boards  together to bring them to completion.  I also had to use pine boards for the removable bottoms for clean-out.  Point being you have brought a positive post to the UJ  and the birds of NY appreciate you ! I hope to get bluebirds but really don't mind who decides to call these box's home. I will probably give them away as gifts anyway. A gift that keeps on giving ! 

P1000519.JPG

mcgreg

For the love of God man, ya didnt make the hole big enough!60BB38C5-31D9-42FC-BC68-F060B6194194.thumb.jpeg.56f24e3cc6f1f48ab85666e54730f213.jpeg

Cheesy

Bluebirds must not be picky here in Missouri. We have a box in the front and back yards. I noticed eggs last week and my wife said they were hatched yesterday. Box is about eye level off the ground. During winter I’ll throw the old nest out. Then in spring they go to building. If I get home at a decent hour this week I’ll take some pics.