FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Scott Berg

Need Setter Photos

Scott Berg

I am looking for some good photos of Llewellin and Ryman type Setters for a very basic article I am writing.   I have a few photos but they are not very good.  Anyone wishing to contribute can email me at BergBros@msn.com. 

Thanks!

NC Quailhunter

Pm me your e mail and I can send you some of my Llewellyn. I don't have an account that I can post from. Need to get the check to Brad.

Dick Sellers

I hope you'll be able to post your article here when it's done.

JCJ

Scott:

I will try to get you a few of this Ryman type who is the mother of my current pup.

4DD1D572-ACCC-44EA-A906-0E9990C931F0.jpeg

Mike Connally

Sent a couple. 

Scott Berg

I should have given a little more detail.  There is going to be photos of the four types of Setters on point so the photos need to be pointing and the aspect ration needs to be roughly 10:7 meaning the height needs to be 70% of the width.

SRB

Brad Eden
11 minutes ago, Scott Berg said:

I should have given a little more detail.  There is going to be photos of the four types of Setters on point so the photos need to be pointing and the aspect ration needs to be roughly 10:7 meaning the height needs to be 70% of the width.

SRB

Is this article going to be published online or in a print publication?

If web, then size/resolution can be small, if ink on paper you will need much larger size and resolution photos for the images to look decent. Also as long as the main image (dog in point) is large enough any photo can be cropped to achieve the height being 70% of width.

Scott Berg
10 hours ago, Dick Sellers said:

I hope you'll be able to post your article here when it's done.

Dick,

This particular article is so basic that it will be of little interest to 99% of UJ members.  It's no more than a very basic description of the four types of Setters that I am going to put up on Setters Unlimited for visitors that are new to the breed.   I have one on 1st year development that is almost ready to go.  I will post that one next week.  I have several ideas for others that I am considering different approaches.  If anyone has suggestions for an article, feel free to leave it here.

SRB

Scott Berg
3 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Is this article going to be published online or in a print publication?

If web, then size/resolution can be small, if ink on paper you will need much larger size and resolution photos for the images to look decent. Also as long as the main image (dog in point) is large enough any photo can be cropped to achieve the height being 70% of width.

Thanks for bringing this up.  It's a web article so the cropped form only needs to be 500-600 pixels.  However, many people shoot photos where the dog is 80% of the image and it leaves little room for cropping.

RuffChaser

PM sent

Brad Eden

*Please use the Message system to Discuss specifics about this article and keep it a photo search Topic. I am not Moderating another vitriolic Setter type discussion in this instance. If it goes there it will be removed. Thank you.

RuffChaser

This is Betty pointing a grouse from two years ago. Is this OK per your preference for aspect ratio?betty-grouse.thumb.jpg.ba8961db2ffd637e0754d7f0db336b9c.jpg

RuffChaser

This is her pointing a WC last fall:

DSCN0943.thumb.JPG.84147d9a045a36d836e22d33d833d133.JPG

A Spring WC from 3 weeks ago (or so):

betty-doodle-2018-01.thumb.jpg.a5b2ce5e0e5bb5c1ec51c944968f7b72.jpg

RuffChaser

Chip: Spring WC 2012

5ad9e61f39c16_wcpoint02(1).thumb.JPG.2e76ed617f56031823ca4017851db03a.JPG

RuffChaser

Haze pointing and Chip backing:

wcpoint05.thumb.JPG.7c2257fef335aefffc423af769735f1a.JPG