FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Irishwhistler

"THE SWEET NECTAR OF PERFECTION"

Irishwhistler

So last night I supported the Conservation Officer James V. Spignesi Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fundraiser marking year 20 since Jim was killed in a tragic line of duty death.  I miss him every day and often relive the horror of carrying out him of the field on a litter  to a waiting ambulance, that being necessitated due to a low cloud ceiling and poor visibility, thus making evacuation by chopper not possible.  

The evening was a gathering of like minded folks that love our country, support it's constitution, and whom have a profound respect for law enforcement and our military.  Our oldest guest and veteran of  WWII was our friend, 99 year old Joe Kayer whom served at Guadalcanal.  Joe was recognized for his service and given a well deserved standing ovation and many of us went up and personally thanked him for his service.

So we raised our glasses and shared good food and fellowship in the name and honor of C.O. Spignesi, the room abuzz with good cheer and the spirit of service to those in need and to promoting professional education for those pursuing a career in natural resources conservation.

On top of it all, I won the bid in the auction of a Maine sea duck hunt for 4 gunners once again this year offered by Maine Master Guide Troy Fields.  I hunted with Troy and his TRADITIONS GUIDE SERVICE last year with three of me buddies and we had an absolutely grand time.  Troy is a stand up guy and supported our event again this year.  I would highly recommend Troy's Traditions Guide Service for some really great gunning experiences.

5adcc4f8dc630_DSC05184_FotorDarkPerfectionResized.thumb.jpg.3191227b504676b52ba3946587b086c2.jpg

Troy presented me with the glass seen in this photo bearing his business logo.  The glass was quite pretty when empty, but downright perfect once I filled it with the sweet dark nectar brewed in Dublin.  All the way around, a grand night for Jim and one I am sure he would approve of.

Respectfully.

Mike  🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

Millriver

Mike, as discussed earlier, I was there in spirit. Hard to believe it's been 20 years. Glad to hear it was a success, and hoping I can be there next year.

Dave

Irishwhistler
39 minutes ago, Millriver said:

Mike, as discussed earlier, I was there in spirit. Hard to believe it's been 20 years. Glad to hear it was a success, and hoping I can be there next year.

Dave

Dave,

ROGER THAT.  Met Brian, a good guy👍.  Hope the knees are coming along.

Best regards,

Mike 🍀