• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
kgb

Puppies in the Spring

kgb

Woodcock passing through catch the interest of the dogs, I had Beem find them and the pups would run to the beeper.  Crow pointed alongside Beem once, but otherwise, unless I missed them on my way to the points, they ran the birds up.  Got one video on youtube of them chasing a bird, will be getting another couple on there soon.  Hopefully.

kgb

Here's Gin finding a bird, it flew off in the upper right of the frame as I moved in.

kgb

This was Crow rolling in on the spot from where I'd flushed a woodcock.  Must have been enough scent left to nab him, or it was the poop.  The puppies love bird poop.

stripersonfly

Fun videos.  Thanks for sharing. 

I had to laugh when you wrote "The puppies love bird poop"...I wish my dog were discriminating enough to limit her love to just bird poop...nope, my Sadie hasn't met a poop she didn't like. 

kgb

They are 8 legs propelling two stomachs around in search of yummies.  They're sorta Langoliers in training in the back yard, the old boy ate some of the wires controlling the A/C unit but these two are chomping on everything else. Poor Lilac bush....

The individual videos are from running the pups individually.  I wanted to see how they did on their own, and the lack of interruption from their sibling could only help.  This may carry over to hunting them when they grow up, we'll see what they think of the idea of honoring.