FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Bird Buster

New AT Tires for Silverado.

Mike da Carpenter

Pulled the trigger on a set of Yokohama Geolandart AT’s today.  Seemed like the best suited tire for MY type of driving.  Bought from Walmart at what I consider a great price.  Should be delivered in less than a week and I’ll have them install them.

hexfly

I bought a set of the Nitto Terra Grapplers and have not been disapointed. A buddy reccommended them as he says you can't puncture them and if anybody can, it this guy.   

Millriver

Just put these Michelin LTX's on my 2015 Silverado. Had some on my old truck and loved them. Quiet on the highway but enough grip for the limited off roading I do.

IMG_2742.JPG

Windrider

BF ATs on anything hat gets mostly road miles, but would occasionally go off road.

Goodyear Duratracs for an all around trail/hunting/commute tire.

I’m pretty much done with mud tires.

max2

Tire update - The bridgestone duelers revo 2  I put on my Silverado got me 32 thousand miles with rotation every  5-6 thousand miles. Road conditions here are wine- dy  paved mountain-us   and dirt.  Truck is used in the construction field though not loaded  often with a lot of weight . One did blow out though. Had much better luck with duelers when run yrs ago on Tacoma's. Which is a smaller truck.

Had Continental tires put on to get me home safely. I asked the tire guy what was a popular and good tire for what I did with this truck and he recommended the continentals . Nice riding tire. Life's a crap shoot !

Tim Frazier

Just got a set of 285/75-16s through Amazon delivered to my door for $589.  Kumo Road Venture AT51s.  Great price for a 33" tire.

trk1.jpg

jeff88
On 5/7/2018 at 5:07 AM, lee sykes said:

I just never tire of these (treads) threads.  

Yup, they sure do get traction on the board.  

With both the Ford SUVs, a '95 Explorer and an '04 Expy, when I put on Michelin LTX's they ended up being the best (for me) in every category.  I tried Dunlap, Conti's, even the Firestones that came with the '95.  LTXs wore, rode and performed the best on those rides.  I recall getting a lot of miles on them, definitely in the 60 to 80k range.  

lee sykes
1 minute ago, jeff88 said:

Yup, they sure do get traction on the board.  

With both the Ford SUVs, a '95 Explorer and an '04 Expy, when I put on Michelin LTX's they ended up being the best (for me) in every category.  I tried Dunlap, Conti's, even the Firestones that came with the '95.  LTXs wore, rode and performed the best on those rides.  I recall getting a lot of miles on them, definitely in the 60 to 80k range.  

I'm gonna write that down . :)

Locher
40 minutes ago, Tim Frazier said:

Just got a set of 285/75-16s through Amazon delivered to my door for $589.  Kumo Road Venture AT51s.  Great price for a 33" tire.

I had a set of these tires on a truck I just traded in.  I was extremely pleased with their traction in snow the first winter.  Simply put - they were outstanding.  Not so much the 2nd winter though.  When I traded the truck, the tires had less than 20,000 miles and I figure I'd have been replacing them before this coming winter.  So I was a little disappointed with the wear I got, but otherwise a good tire.

jeff88

Have been noticing this a lot with tire sellers recently - check to see about rebates.  For instance, I'm replacing the Hankooks on my wife's g37 with Pirelli p-zero's with a rebate.  Once the order has been delivered, I send in the paperwork and get a credit card with $70 on it, believe it's an Amex.  The guys at the Tirerack will give me all the info needed to submit for the rebate.  That will cover shipping and taxes on the 4 new tires.

Clueless1

Ok, time for me.  Driving a 2014 F150.  Paved roads but for once a week or so on a dirt/gravel road that really isnt too bad.  Mostly concerned with tread life.  Just talked to teh local tire store whom I trust.  He is a Cooper dealer, but said with the Discoverer AT3's I'll probably get 32,000.  He said I'll get pro-rated for the next set, but I did that once and was on a treadmill of every 2 years spending a few hundred and heading down there. 

He will get me anything I want, so wondering about other suggestions based on tread life first.  For the few times a year I need it I could throw chains on, PITA I know but in reality I will probably never have to do it.  

blanked

I like the hankook ATM.  I don’t understand people with full size 4x4 trucks who are making an issue out of gas mileage.  It’s like buying an economy car and making an issue out of towing

dogrunner
On 6/7/2018 at 2:21 PM, Clueless1 said:

Ok, time for me.  Driving a 2014 F150.  Paved roads but for once a week or so on a dirt/gravel road that really isnt too bad.  Mostly concerned with tread life.  Just talked to teh local tire store whom I trust.  He is a Cooper dealer, but said with the Discoverer AT3's I'll probably get 32,000.  He said I'll get pro-rated for the next set, but I did that once and was on a treadmill of every 2 years spending a few hundred and heading down there. 

He will get me anything I want, so wondering about other suggestions based on tread life first.  For the few times a year I need it I could throw chains on, PITA I know but in reality I will probably never have to do it.  

I like these have ordered them on my last 5 or 6 trucks. They cost a little extra but they grab good and wear great. I have turned trucks in with 60k and they still had good tread. Here is a report with the one I just turned in with 44+k   Here is my new truck with the tires. I had a 14 with these same ones. That report is from my 16. 

812FD002-56C4-4990-8C03-9CAAA08A7F56.jpeg

6DEB14B3-5643-4AA1-90FC-76B583BB0BED.jpeg

Chukarman

I just put a set of 285-75-16 GR ATs on my F350 and have TWO spares on full sized factory wheels. I have had cut sidewalls a number of times and a LONG way from a tire shop.  In northern Nevada some of the roads are paved with obsidian - sharp as razors.