Brad Eden

First time ordering food on Chewy.com

Brad Eden

Busy week, truck in shop for rear leaf springs and some brake work....no time to drive to Petco and the dogs food is dwindling. Ordered a couple bags of PPP for both dogs. Price comparable, maybe a bit less than box store, and saves me the hassle and gas with free delivery. Orderred late Monday and  scheduled free delivery is this Friday. If so, that will work. 

Feel sorta guilty about being 'one of them internet shoppers' but I'm not a huge fan of pet stores.

Impressed with the ease of setting up an account and ordering on Chewy. Took just a few minutes. Jury is out on delivery. 

UplandHntr

Im a recent convert too but it was away from my local feed store. Im just so busy Its just one thing off of my list of things to worry about. Delivery has never been an issue here. 

WPG Gizmo

You can set up a auto ship date I have mine set to ship every 6 weeks I like that I can change the date to ship at any time add or remove items that I want and it is quick and free to get it delivered.  Just remember that if you add items to your cart like Seresto collars go back in after they have shipped and remove them or they will will again.  I have had one time that Chewy messed up the order I got some but not all of what I ordered a quick call and I had it the next day along with some things that they threw in for the dogs free.

It is well worth the money that you have saved :D

Dave Erickson

I just started up with the Chewy auto-ship last fall and i have to say I'm impressed with the company. Like WPG mentioned you can scootch the delivery date back or forward on the fly.  

BlacknTan

I just got my first delivery from them last week, because of many word of mouth recommendations. I feel a bit bad about not continuing to support our local feed store, but, there it is...

So far, so good.

Cooter Brown

I started using them a couple of months back.  So far so good.  If there were a local store around here that had PPP I'd probably patronize them because I like to support small businesses but my only option is Petsmart.  They are owned by Chewy anyway so I might as well save the gas and time.

gunsrus

Been doing it for a few years now . My biggest complaint is they package two bags in one box , damn heavy . I feel bad for the delivery guy . Watch the delivery day so as to not let the package sit out in the rain .

Flyline

Been using them for years, and love the convenience and price. As said above, I feel for the Fedex guys that have to lug around that stuff. Anyway, had my first problem last week. Ordered Metabolic weight control for my older setter, and when the box came a couple days later, in the box was a completely different food - one I'd never heard of. Got on their site and contacted them via chat. Within 5 minutes, I had a replacement bag on the way (coming today) and they credited my account $20 for the inconvenience, and told me to donate the wrong food to a shelter or clinic. With many horror stories out there about poor customer service, these guys get it.

Korthaar

Amazon offers the same service a little cheaper for prime members. You can set up auto delivery in monthly intervals.  Free shipping without minimum charge.  We have the prime service anyway.

barna

I made my first order through them when getting the pups back in March, the feed store I get the dog food from did not carry the brand the breeder was using and I did not want to switch food on the pup.  Ordered enough for 6 moths, will probably switch the pups over to adult food at that time anyway.  The last couple of times I went to the feed store they were out of the food I am using so had to go to a pet store.  I may just switch all together and order from Chewy, saves me the hassle if the feed store is out.

Barna  

Coalman

I used Chewy's when we fed Dr. Tim's. No problems. Great customer service. Switched back to Purina when we got the puppy and now use Amazon. I have the 5% store card with Amazon. Since we buy there regularly am loving the 5% store credit for each purchase.  

J&S

I use Amazon subscribe and save program, saves me 5 to 15% depending on what is scheduled for that shipment.  I used a local feed store for years and they got to where they were out way to often and didn't care about my problem.  Even tried staying about a month ahead of them but that didn't work out either.  Doesn't hurt the local taxes as Amazon charges tax and delivery is through USPS at this time and Amazon will text or email when order is out for delivery, I set a 4 wheel cart out and the delivery is place on the cart saving me the extra handling.  At a box store I get to handle it at least 3 extra times.

WPG Gizmo

I looked at Amazon and as a Prime member using the Amazon card I had no real savings Chewy was still $3 a bag cheaper and I pay with my Amazon card so I still get my points.

Brad Eden

The two bags were delivered on schedule by Fed Ex. Arrived today around noon. I'm impressed given I'm in the boonies. Won't likely do auto delivery but will likely go the Chewy route when needed.

PartridgeCartridge

I feel sorry for the delivery guy. Some heavy  stuff they have to deal with every day.