Tim Frazier

Keto

Tim Frazier

SaltCityJeff

Very thought provoking - especially as one who has been on high blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds since his 20's. (I am 42 now)

ruffneck

I watched this also. I'm sold

Tim Frazier

For the past 4 days I've kept my carbs to about 25-50 with the goal of 20-25 when I get it down pat.  Already feeling better, probably a honeymoon, but we will see.  I have practiced fasting for years so this is just tweaking it.

keto.jpg

Curt

Interesting video, isn't this also the basis for the Atkins diet?  I've used the Atkins a few times over the last couple decades to take off unwanted pounds, although have never really adopted it as a lifestyle.  It's not difficult to believe that todays American diet is directly responsible for all the obesity and probably related illnesses.

paul frey
4 hours ago, Curt said:

Interesting video, isn't this also the basis for the Atkins diet?  I've used the Atkins a few times over the last couple decades to take off unwanted pounds, although have never really adopted it as a lifestyle.  It's not difficult to believe that todays American diet is directly responsible for all the obesity and probably related illnesses.

I agree!! Between processed foods, all the hormones put into poultry and other meats, I believe our American diet is the cause for many ailments. 

Randy S

Watched the video and made a list of what i shouldn't be eating and it's about everything I been eating. My wife agrees to buying a 1/4 of bison and kicking carbs and sugar. Help keep this thread alive to see how everyone progresses. 

And Thanks Tim for posting!

Brad Eden

I haven't watched the video yet, but will.

FWIW I be dropped 10 pounds in a little over a month. Decided I needed to clean up my eating habits. Whole packages of processed hotdogs, white bread and family sized bags of Lays potato chips every week wasn't doing me any good.

Simply stopped eating the above, and less sweets and no sugary junk food. Also drink mostly Almond milk and eat a lot more vegetables and fruit. Another thing is we haven't been buying store meat. Been "wildgametarians"' for quite a while, finishing off some last grouse, wild turkey and venison a couple times a week. That won't last forever but has been good.

I've also been very active with turkey season, better weather to hike with dogs and generally busy doing outside spring clean up etc. so exercise is key.

Crazy Horse

I watch the film and just ordered a pizza. I feel so much better now. ;~)

dogrunner
16 hours ago, paul frey said:

I agree!! Between processed foods, all the hormones put into poultry and other meats, I believe our American diet is the cause for many ailments. 

I agree, once our diet spread across the Globe now almost all countries are having the same problems just to a lesser degree because we started it first. My nephew is a Registered Dietitian and has his Masters and is running there program from the College he graduated from, he just gave a big presentation to a major hospital today to there RD'S. He basically tells me if it don't come from the ground or have a mother you should not be eating it. Pretty much like the Documentary explained.  He is also quite creative at cooking. 

Kansas Big Dog

There is something much worse than our poor diet, starving. Which still occurs around the world.

Brad Eden

One more observation about fancy diets...we don't have a dish washer. No biggy with just the two of us. A bit of a hassle if we have company over. But since JoAnn goes on a variety of diets (which I gladly indulge in) requiring a lot of prep and cooking, the kitchen is always a mess and dishes are always stacking up. Although I am healthier I do miss the ease of a boiled hot dog on white bread with yellow mustard and a heaping pile of greasy chips...for lunch...every day of the week. :$

Cooter Brown
8 hours ago, Kansas Big Dog said:

There is something much worse than our poor diet, starving. Which still occurs around the world.

This is a fact.   If it weren't for factory farming/GMOs/processed foods there would be a LOT more dead people in this world.

Pick your poison.

Tim Frazier

Correct, our current agriculture community has evolved to serve an over populated world, no doubt.  But that doesn't justify our countries high carb, high sugar diet and our insatiable appetite for medications.  Certainly the more unhealthy a person chooses to live the better my job security is and that of my daughter and several other family members, but it doesn't have to be that way.  Just like intermittent fasting this isn't a diet, it's a way of life, if your planning on eating stuffing next Thanksgiving, it might not be for you.  Its sort of like drinking alcohol, you might come on and off the wagon but the idea is to stay off processed foods and sugar.

The beauty of it all is that we have free will, I'm just sharing this as many on this board are interested in physical well being.