FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
topdog1961

Overdone party.

topdog1961

My wife doesn't know how do entertain to scale. She over does every get together but my daughter's HS grad party later today will top them all. Several meats, I smoked pork loins this morning, getting ready to fire up the grill, 5-6 sides including 12 lbs of Mac n cheeses, several salads, a mountain of various fruit, enough fresh veggies for an army of rabbits, untold desserts, and a gallon of chilli sauce for the hotdogs. Enough food for the entire town. And a $700 circus tent. She and two sisters and one of their daughter in laws are inside cooking away. Raining and in the 50s with thunderstorms likely. 

If any UJers are near, come on over. I bought enough food for you all. Take some home with you. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

dogrunner

Sounds like you will have lunch for work  for lots of days, have fun and I bet the veggies get sparsely picked over. 

mikegillam

Tent was a smart idea...

ccavacini

Lookin' good.  

rudyc

congrats on your daughter's graduation.

UplandHntr

Looks like a great time! Smoked meat vs veggies... yeah right

Millriver
1 hour ago, rudyc said:

congrats on your daughter's graduation.

X2. Enjoy the day, it only happens once per kid, until college......

Have fun!

BlacknTan

Looks like a real feast!

Congratulations to your daughter..

67diesel

Shoot, if you are northwest Ahia, I am only 15 minutes away!

terrym

Would asking for your GPS coordinates be considered "hot spotting" ? Don't want the evil eye to appear but man it does sound like a great spread. 

topdog1961
3 hours ago, 67diesel said:

Shoot, if you are northwest Ahia, I am only 15 minutes away!

Probably more like an hour from MI but you'd be welcomed and it would have been worth the drive. All went well. You guys were spot on. All the meat got ate, about half the sides, and very little rabbit food. Ironically they spent more time preparing the rabbit food than the rest. My deer cooler was invaluable and the pic below is the veggies that never even got put out. We only had rain once. It was cool but the tent made it comfortable if you wanted to get out of the cold. The coffee bar was a big hit. My BIL brought his dogs up from Florida and as you can see below, they are ready to go back. It was a good time and the teen after party is going on now. Cross my fingers on that. My best bud from college now living in Cinci manned the grill. He's an iron butt Harley rider and beer drinker par excellence. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Don Steese

The food looks wonderful, your daughter's beautiful, and the little one in the final photo's a cutie!!

Ben Hong

All your worries were for naught! Early prep was the key to success...and the tent was the piece de resistance!

WPG Gizmo

Looks like a great time was had by all except that sissy dog and I agree with Don you have a beautiful daughter and the little one in the last picture is priceless.

Our Graduation party is in June hope it goes as well 

dogrunner

Nice spread 👍. Usually at party’s I’m the only one eating the veggies, I eat them first and then the meat.