ruff hunter

Westworld!!!!!

ruff hunter

I have recently gotten into this show and all I can say is WOW!!!!!.... true it’s out there but the first season was awesome and the second is amazing!!!!.... between the bicameral mind theory and the riddle of the Sphinx I’m blown away 🤩🤩🤩🤩..... and Ed Harris is deathly evil as the man in Black ...... I recommend this show and I wonder who else is watching??!!

Brad Eden

Interesting. HUGE fan...truly a cut above...outstanding....production, art direction concept top notch...until this newest season. Seriously enjoyed the hell out of Season 1. I'm two episodes into Season 2 and am very disappointed. Sorry to be a Buzz Kill. I'm hoping it gets back on track, so far I'm finding it totally convoluted, confusing and disappointing. My daughter and husband are also fans and are equally disheartened with the beginning of season 2.

ruff hunter

Brad I just want to say episode 4 of season 2 will be the second season ‘s redemption!!!!!..... I hope you enjoy it!!!!!

SEPAlander

Brad - Stick with it, the third and fourth start to put a lot of the pieces together and it get's easier to follow the timelines and Bernard's arc.  I'm with ruff hunter, IMO this second season has surpassed the first.  I think the nature of the questions being  posed are very provocative, with the bicameral mind theory, self awareness, human nature, corporate greed, etc.  While not the easiest show to follow (it definitely isn't summer popcorn fare), I think it's the best show on TV right now.  Depending on where HBO takes this and how it wraps up, it may challenge for status in my personal pantheon of great shows.  I would encourage folks who aren't watching to give it a go.

Brad Eden

I'm glad this WestWorld Topic was started. I was about to bail, but will stick it out. We bailed at the beginning of the first season of Breaking Bad and was convinced to give it another try. Glad we did, one of the best shows we have ever watched.

ruff hunter

Thank goodness you didn’t bail on breaking bad...... that’s the greatest show ever made!!!!..... Westworld is an amazing show in its own right!!!!!!!

Brad Eden

We just finished Season 5 of Silicon Valley. The final show was great. If you haven't seen this I highly recommend it. It's a satirical look into high tech, CA culture and makes fun of Google, Amazon etc. like any series it took a spell for the characters to really mesh but ends up to be an outstanding show. Watch It!

The "Just Call Saul" spinoff of Breaking Bad is wicked good too.

ruff hunter

I have not watched Silicon Valley but it looks awesome also..... and yes I’m a big “ better call Saul “ fan..... actually I’m more curious about what happens to “ Gene “ at Cinnabon than I am of how he turned into Saul Goodman lol 😂 !!

Millriver

I tried but just couldn't get into Westworld, plus my wife doesn't like Sci-fi. Loved Breaking Bad, and finished Boardwalk Empire during my third week of recuperating from knee surgery. We both really enjoyed that! (Sorry to hijack the thread!)