walt lister

Big bass the hard way

dogrunner

Cool, now that's a Big ass Bass. 

MUSTANGER7

Saw a guy do that with tarpon in the Key's, where tourists buy a box of shiners and feed (throw them) the tarpon, some are around a 100lbs. The one this guy grabbed took him right off the dock.

shoot-straight

i had a small bass (2" to begin with) in my aquarium that would take goldfish out of my hand like that. once i wiggled my finger at the water surface and he latched on- surprised, i recoiled quickly and the little teeth dug in and the bass went flying across the room! ran over, picked him up, picked as much lint and cat hair off him that i could and put him back in. no harm done. released him when he was about 10". 

MUSTANGER7
4 hours ago, shoot-straight said:

i had a small bass (2" to begin with) in my aquarium that would take goldfish out of my hand like that. once i wiggled my finger at the water surface and he latched on- surprised, i recoiled quickly and the little teeth dug in and the bass went flying across the room! ran over, picked him up, picked as much lint and cat hair off him that i could and put him back in. no harm done. released him when he was about 10". 

reminds me of a sea turtle I had in a salt water aquarium in the late 60's picked him up off A1A heading west instead of east. He was right out of the egg, used to feed him shrimp pieces by hand, most of the time he would miss the shrimp and get my finger. I had some other saltwater tropicals called top hats that stayed under a flat piece of coral, they started disappearing and I found no dead ones. One night in the early AM I had gotten up for a drink and I saw him dive down go under the rock and grab a top hat. Took him down to the beach an pointed him/her in the right direction, sure hope he made it.