• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Brad Eden

What took me so long?

Brad Eden

Bought a Cabelas/Peet boot dryer a month or so ago. It goes to the top of the "what took me so long to get such an outstanding and useful gadget" category. I mean really? I've been dealing with sweat soaked boots of every persuasion for over 30 years. I'd leave them outside weather permitting to dry, I'd stuff newspaper inside to soak up moisture. I'd alternate between 2-3 pairs of boots waiting for them to dry out. Now I have my boot dryer sitting on the basement floor near an outlet, plug it in, and place whatever boots I've been wearing over the heater rods and they are completely dry the next morning. Even my pee stench Mucks dry out and the smell is voided after drying.

I feel really dumb for not getting one of these many years ago.  :|o.O Take note.

dogrunner

Have had one for years a great piece of equipment, mine blows air and has a timer, could also put your gloves on it. 

Brad Eden
1 minute ago, dogrunner said:

Have had one for years a great piece of equipment, mine blows air and has a timer, could also put your gloves on it. 

Mine is an inexpensive unit, I was skeptical since it gives off a low slow heat. But it sure works.

WPG Gizmo

Been using one for years mine is a small unit basically 2 inserts one for each boot just leave it in over night and presto they are dry.  The small unit is nice and compact so it is easy to bring with you without taking up a lot of sapce.

mart

Back in the early days of our marriage I was working seasonally for the Forest Service and trapped full time in the winter. I lived in hip boots from the end of October to the middle of April. That was one of the first gifts my wife ever bought me (28 years ago) and I still have it and use it, though not as frequently. Back then it was every night. I didn't have the wader extensions so I would roll the hip boots down to the calf, set them on the Peet tubes and the next morning I had blissfully dry boots. At least until I made my first stop at a water set.

Mike da Carpenter

I too wondered what took me so long to have one, once I bought mine a few years ago.  Work boots are always dry and toasty (winter time) when put on in the morning, and best of all, the smell is none existent now that the boots actually dry out overnight.  

I even vent take my Peet dryer with me on western hunting trips to dry out the boots to get ready for the next day’s adventure.

Cooter Brown

It shocks the conscience that you've lived in Maine all this time and never had boot driers.

You are FAR more hard headed than even I in my wild imaginings of your hermit-like existence could have dreamed up!

Did you get the regular ones or the more compact travel models?

SelbyLowndes
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Bought a Cabelas/Peet boot dryer a month or so ago.....Even my pee stench Mucks dry out and the smell is voided after drying.

You don't actually pee in your Muck boots do you?...SelbyLowndes

Brad Eden
1 hour ago, SelbyLowndes said:

You don't actually pee in your Muck boots do you?...SelbyLowndes

Yes, I'm strange in a lot of ways. But I don't poop in Tim Horton restaurants.

Brad Eden
1 hour ago, Cooter Brown said:

It shocks the conscience that you've lived in Maine all this time and never had boot driers.

You are FAR more hard headed than even I in my wild imaginings of your hermit-like existence could have dreamed up!

I don't have pointing dogs either, I'm smug about that.

Its a $40 regular one. Can handle an upper thigh high rubber boot and shorter etc.

jeff88
3 hours ago, Cooter Brown said:

Remind me to never mess with this guy.  ^  :o

Brad Eden
3 hours ago, Cooter Brown said:

28 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Remind me to never mess with this guy.  ^  :o

Hes all huff and puff...although if we ever recorded our phone conversations and posted the audio on social media, it would go viral. He talks as slow as the tectonic plates move, and I talk as fast as a March hare with a bawling Beagle on its tail. Coot with a southern drawl and me with a Yankee Boston accent. It's quite funny. Really.

Brad Eden

So, I'm a dumb ass. I own it. Is there any thing else any of you resisted the urge to buy and once acquired realized you had been missing out? 

...and you can admit it if it's an Apple product or a Toyota...

jeff88
26 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Hes all huff and puff...although if we ever recorded our phone conversations and posted the audio on social media, it would go viral. He talks as slow as the tectonic plates move, and I talk as fast as a March hare with a bawling Beagle on its tail. Coot with a southern drawl and me with a Yankee Boston accent. It's quite funny. Really.

You should record them.  It would be fun to get a con call going for the UJ, let me know, I may have a toll free # lying around somewhere with a dial-in code.  Let's not tell Al, I've had enough about Fox Philadelphians for two lifetimes.  Same with regular Philadelphians.  

mccuha

Yep.  Worth there weight in gold. I never leave on a trip without one no matter what time of year it is.  You can dry gloves as well with it