FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
airmedic1

Which is better Garmin 320 or 430

airmedic1

Is it worth upgrading to the 430?

BlacknTan

I cannot speak to the 320, but the 430 was a significant upgrade from my 220. The addition of Glasnoss, and I imagine other upgrades internally make the 430 much faster and more accurate. But, again, I never used a 320.

Thinblueline

I want the 430 but I’m sick about missing the $100 rebate that ended in February. It makes me not want to buy one until I can get one for $100 off, since I know they were willing to give $100 off before. If there is no rebate as the season is about to start, then I’ll have to break down and get one I guess.

paul s

I had a 320 but it would not pair with my alpha so I upgraded to the 430. The 430 has a faster update rate which I really like. And seems to lock onto satellites much quicker.

airmedic1

Thanks everyone 

AM

blanked

Keep in mind lion country will buy back used Garmin equipment 

NECarson
1 hour ago, blanked said:

Really?

BlacknTan
On 6/14/2018 at 7:27 PM, blanked said:

Yes, they do, but the equipment needs to be in good working condition, and they don't honor their estimates.

Two Barrels

I have the 430 and like it.  It is the first GPS system I have owned and have zero complaints.

Thinblueline

I’ve been checking every few days for a couple of months and I’m getting the feeling there isn’t going to be another $100 rebate, or maybe even any kind of sale, on these devices before the bird season. I’ll probably have to pony up full price and buy one in about another month or less. 

CzechSM

Another option for about the same price 

Alpha

Cooter Brown
On 7/20/2018 at 12:33 PM, Thinblueline said:

I’ve been checking every few days for a couple of months and I’m getting the feeling there isn’t going to be another $100 rebate, or maybe even any kind of sale, on these devices before the bird season. I’ll probably have to pony up full price and buy one in about another month or less. 

When they offered the rebate I assumed it meant that a new model was coming out.  When a company offers that sort of rebate/sale on a popular product that's what it usually means, but I guess not in this case.

The good news is that you can wait until fairly close to the season to buy a new one just in case--it doesn't take too long to figure it out well enough to go hunting.

Thinblueline
1 hour ago, Cooter Brown said:

When they offered the rebate I assumed it meant that a new model was coming out.  When a company offers that sort of rebate/sale on a popular product that's what it usually means, but I guess not in this case.

The good news is that you can wait until fairly close to the season to buy a new one just in case--it doesn't take too long to figure it out well enough to go hunting.

Yup. I even contacted some Garmin rep on their website asking if they were upgrading the 430, because I’ve got the kind of luck where I’ll buy something for full price, then they’ll come out with the next upgrade right away. Anyway, the rep had no idea if they were working on an upgrade or when an upgrade would come out.

BlacknTan
On 7/23/2018 at 8:05 PM, Thinblueline said:

Anyway, the rep had no idea if they were working on an upgrade or when an upgrade would come out.

And unfortunately, he probably wouldn't say if he did know... Although, I'm sometimes surprised by how little some tech support folks know about their product.