FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
max2

Concrete repair ?

max2

Any mason people with input ? or anyone with a solution . Would like to reattach the missing piece of this bird bath. Broke clean . The piece will fit back in nicely but I am not sure what type adhesive  might hold the piece in place & hold water .  Epoxy ? Lexel ? Anyone with a suggestion  appreciated.  

P1000530.JPG

shoot-straight

Epoxy is great for that kind of stuff. I particularly Like the epoxy sticks. Marine Tex might be a good choice for this project I think.

grouse28

Flex seal. It puts boats back together!

max2

Thank's guy's !  Marine tex does look like it may work. Though it seems as though it may be quite expensive to use for this project while looking at it online. I will check at store to find out the specifics. Looks really good at a glance. 

Flex seal makes Flex glue which looks good &  cost effective . Unfortunately it is not to be found in my area and would probably have to be ordered through the mail.

It's a tuff life being an advocate for birds :D As the temps are rising I would like to get this bath fixed for them asap.

shoot-straight

marine tex is a bit pricy, but its got a great consistency for those types of repairs. its usually white, but you can tint it a bit to match that grey concrete color. 

Hammergun

https://www.master-builders-solutions.basf.us/en-us/products/masteremaco

As a Structural Engineer who has worked in concrete repair for years, I would only trust Master-Builders Products or Sikka Products for repairs. Contact your local concrete supplier and they should carry these products that are specialized for concrete repair. 

Randy S

Polyurathane adhesive. $4 for a 10 oz tube. I've glued all kinds of exterior masonry with that stuff and it never fails.

I have an outdoor limestone sign I engraved and hung from chains. Probably 200#. A diagonal piece broke off as I was drilling for chain hooks. I glued it with simple Elmer's glue which partially supports the weight of the sign. That was five years ago, and it's still solid today, even swinging in the breeze and absorbing an occasional bump when my wife forgets it's at the end of the drive. 

shoot-straight

sikaflex makes great products as well.