• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Remo

Serestro conflict?

Remo

I remember reading on UJ that there is a conflict between Serestro collars and and another tick treatment, whether spot or oral, I don't remember and can't find it. Anyone know? I used Bravecto this year and am overwhelmed by ticks.

barna

I use to use K9 advantix but switched to the Serestro this year, finding lots of dead ticks on the dogs, it is working great.  I ordered 3 for adult dogs, the younger pup was not big enough to get the collar yet but since he is kenneled with the older pup there is enough transfer that I am finding dead ticks on him as well.

We are in the height of the tick season here, so far I am very satisfied with the results.

Barna

Gunsmoke

I for one firmly believe that tick prevention is one of the biggest conspiracies going. Chemical companies making billions off of treatments. BRING BACK DDT!!!!!! never had a problem rolled in fields all day long didn't even know what a tick was. My own in family in Maine never ever had ticks guess what bring back turkeys well now you gottem and everywhere. 

This is one of the worse years I've witnessed for ticks and after running dogs myself and them are covered but yes the Seresto collars bar none seem to work the best for me out of any of the other products.

Ticks.... pretty sore subject around here

Remo

I didn't explain this well. There is at least one tick med that cannot be used in conjunction with Seretro,  but I cannot find wich one that is. Does anyone know?

grouse28

Others may disagree, but I feel one type of treatment is good. A sorestro collar is made for one dose, Bravecto and the other orals are one dose, and the topical are one dose. Would seem to me that doubling the chemicals in the dog would not be best. YMMV.

Have had good results with the collar and Bravecto at different times. Got away from the topicals because of the residual mess for a few days and grandkids hanging on the dogs.

barna

I have Serestro on all 3 my dogs, but I believe that the impact can transfer on to humans,  I found a dead tick on my side the other day, looked the same as the ones I find on the dogs. :D

Maybe spending too much time with the dogs, xD

Barna

Cold Iron

Remo did you find the answer to the question you were looking for? If not PM me the specifics. One of my nephews is a Bayer Seresto sales rep for 2 States. I could ask him if you don't have the answer your looking for. He is just a sales rep but to Vet clinics so I am sure he gets asked the similar question often by Vets. He may not know the answer for what your looking for, but does have a fast track to those that would know.

At a family reunion last year he said he would he send me one to try because I hadn't used one yet but he never did. I ended up buying one a couple of months ago and looking to give him a hard time anyhow. Last weekend my sister said I should take a picture of the dog with it on playing dead and text it to him saying look at what Bayer did to my dog just to give him some grief xD So far very pleased with it never made it this far into the year without finding ticks on any of my dogs. Ever.