blanked

Tire road hazzard. Buy or not

blanked

I have always bought it but its only paid off one time.  Waste of money or not

Cheesy
27 minutes ago, blanked said:

but its only paid off one time. 

I think you answered it yourself.

I can't remember how much they wanted for road hazard on the last set I bought, it came up to be nearly the cost of one tire.  Pay me now or pay me later kind of thing.  But paying now doesn't necessarily mean you'll need to pay later.

bennelli-banger

dunno...i am going to be putting tires on 3 vehicles in the next year...one is a 4x4, and the tires will be $200+....that vehicle goes off road a bit...maybe on that one?  especially if bot at walmart or sams club, as they are present in most places where i hunt and could use the warranty...

Chukarman

You may find that "off-road" use is not covered under road hazard insurance.

bennelli-banger
2 hours ago, Chukarman said:

you may be right...I misspoke, really...I don't go "off road" in the true sense...but when I am in SD, I spend a lot of time on gravel, and do spend a bit of time driving around in and around corn stalks...the latter probably would be an issue...in the past 2-3 years, there have been several flat tires in my gang for some reason...

marsingbob

Also check if you need it.  A lot of manufacturers cover typical "road hazards".  I just took a Michelin without road hazard coverage in to Costco which delaminated (probably due to a puncture resulting in loss of air pressure) and they covered it on  a pro rated basis, and all costs of installation.  

Jazz4Brazo

Michelin warranty is amazing...they will prorate no questions asked when you change out for a new set...can't see going elsewhere at this time. I expect if I had a road hazard issue they would step up...great compnay in my opinion...the Toyota of tires!

NECarson
8 hours ago, Chukarman said:

Bingo. 

wildplaces

You want some road hazard; come to Mt..  Nothing goes off road hear less it's 10 ply.  Rock splits galore.  As for your question: You pays ur money,  you take ur chances.

Treerooster

I buy the warranty it seems to pay off for me as I drive in rough areas and around a construction site lately.

Just paid off big time. Had a flat and the tire was ruined because it was right on the edge. Discount Tire put them on so I took it there. I was going to get a new tire for nothing but they had to order the tire. Took way too long and I was getting a bit upset as I needed to drive in the mountains where there wasn't much around. Didn't want to drive there with no spare.

Anyways they said the tire was finally in so I went to get it on the truck. Tire was NOT in. The manager comes over to me and says I got good news...we are going to give you a whole set of new tires. No charge whatsoever. More than I would ever have expected.

braque du upstate

Discount was good to me. I bought a set of 4 and didn't buy the hazard. 3 days later I broke a motor mount and ripped a hole in my sidewall.  Guy said pay the $11 dollars for hazard ,and I give u a new tire.  I  put hazard on all 4 tires and drove off with a new tire. Tires were over $ 110 each . Think that included balancing and rotating.