FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Dogwood

Photo Prints online who do you like?

Dogwood

For those of you who still print the occasional photo which service brand do you like overall?  Thanks.

Don fischer
On 6/3/2018 at 4:49 AM, Dogwood said:

For those of you who still print the occasional photo which service brand do you like overall?  Thanks.

I sent off some film several years ago but can't remember who to. I print all my digital stuff myself. Have a very small Canon iP 100 8 1/2 printer. Does up to 8 1/2x16 and an Canon 9000 MK III I can do up to 13x26 on. Have a nephew in the valley has a big 48" Epson!

CzechSM

I have used Walmart years ago for basic prints. When I had a Photobucket account I had a 23”x27” made by them on a canvas type background. I was pleased with it. Photobucket has changed since I last used it. 

SaltCityJeff

I've had many prints done by: https://www.mpix.com/  They have changed a bit over the years and they don't offer all they once did, but they are still pretty good and I like the prices. If I am really being critical and want to get the color profiles and quality exact and everything else right I take it to a local professional print shop and work the prints on PCs they have there that are setup for their printers.  

Greg Hartman

I've been using Bay Photo https://bayphoto.com/ for really high quality prints for framing, etc.  Their regular service is excellent and price competitive among similar services.  Their "ROES" service (proprietary software you download on to your computer) is a bit more expensive, but allows you pretty much 100% control of the output, as if you were doing it yourself.  Being rather picky about the images I make, I use ROES when I want everything really perfect.

None of this is to say that the other services aren't good.  I've just come to like Bay Photo's work.

These prints hanging in my home are examples of recent Bay Photo work:

8-23-18 - Framed prints.jpg

dgfavor

http://www.largephotoprinting.com/index.html

This is who I have used for years with excellent results.  It's tricky business trying to process an image for a large wall print - the resolution on a computer monitor does not well replicate what an image 3ft x 2ft might look like on a wall.  These guys will print your image exactly as you processed it if they feel it will turn out good, they will recommend processing adjustments to get a better quality print, they will process the entire original file for best results...or they will tell you your image is crap and not to bother.  They have lots of different mediums to print on and will recommend a product to you.  I've done a couple of their chrome pearlescent metallics that turned out pretty cool.  I've done some that printed really cool but turned out to be just a bad idea...a 3ft tall dancing sharptail is really pretty terrifying - ended up in the trash!  😅

Cheesy
On 8/23/2018 at 2:40 AM, SaltCityJeff said:

I've had many prints done by: https://www.mpix.com/  They have changed a bit over the years and they don't offer all they once did, but they are still pretty good and I like the prices. If I am really being critical and want to get the color profiles and quality exact and everything else right I take it to a local professional print shop and work the prints on PCs they have there that are setup for their printers.  

Theyre local to me and my wife who does some photography for hire uses them. They’ve got a sister (or parent?) company that offers more devices/products, but at a higher price.