2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Coffee Mug Warmer

Brad Eden

IMG_0723.JPG

My daughters have these, so I got one for JoAnn. Now I have one as a Birthday gift from my daughter Liz. I'm a slow coffee drinker and it gets cold so I have to go microwave it back to temp. This gadget is pretty slick. The heating element/pad turns on with the weight of the mug and automatically turns off when Mug is removed. No more cold coffeee for me in the morning. This is made by OKcafe and is pretty cheap on Amazon. Plus it has that Apple/Mac design look...

erik meade

Is there an Upland Journal licensed version?

Felix

Every time I see an old western where they are drinking out of those thin tin coffee cups I think, that coffee must get cold in 30 seconds. Probably they didn't sit around for that long.

At work, I drink mine out of an insulated mug on top of a ceramic coaster and it still gets cold. I may have to go high tech like the Edens.

topdog1961

The Yeti craze has revolutionized my coffe drinking. Except I use Ozark trail. Coffe stays hot for a long time in those. In my old travel mug I had to chug my coffee when it started to go from hot to warm, so I was done not far from home. Now I sip hot coffee my entire 75 minute drive. I'd need a long extension cord to use one of those warmers. 

Brad Eden
1 hour ago, erik meade said:

Is there an Upland Journal licensed version?

I'm afraid not. The UJ corporate lawyer cautioned me about liability with plugged in heating devices, and the UJ corporate accountant reminded me I don't have the resources to deal with any mishaps and lawsuits.

Snipeaholic
3 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

IMG_0723.JPGPlus it has that Apple/Mac design look...

Nice segue into an Apple endorsement...never miss a chance do you?

Brad Eden
17 minutes ago, Snipeaholic said:

Nice segue into an Apple endorsement...never miss a chance do you?

Never. Ever. I just like to make sure all UJ Members are on a stable OS/computer/device when on Upland Journal...

NECarson
2 hours ago, topdog1961 said:

The Yeti craze has revolutionized my coffe drinking. Except I use Ozark trail. Coffe stays hot for a long time in those. In my old travel mug I had to chug my coffee when it started to go from hot to warm, so I was done not far from home. Now I sip hot coffee my entire 75 minute drive. I'd need a long extension cord to use one of those warmers. 

Same here. I'll admit it's ridiculous, but the durability and insulation is a game changer. 

My impatience prevented me from waiting for knockoffs though. 

Marc Ret
On June 5, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Brad Eden said:

Never. Ever. I just like to make sure all UJ Members are on a stable OS/computer/device when on Upland Journal...

Can UJ even be accessed on a PC?

oak stob

Cooling coffee...horrors.

Jazz4Brazo

The WalMart Ozark Trail knockoff is amazing and cheap!!

Aa for the heater plate...since its weight activated anything heavy can turn on the heater and being a spaz means I am likely to set the house on fire inadvertently...plus no cup ever last long enough to get cold!

Brad Eden
8 hours ago, Jazz4Brazo said:

The WalMart Ozark Trail knockoff is amazing and cheap!!

Aa for the heater plate...since its weight activated anything heavy can turn on the heater and being a spaz means I am likely to set the house on fire inadvertently...plus no cup ever last long enough to get cold!

I do wish it had a regular off/on switch for peace of mind. But although it gets hot enough to keep coffee warm, it's not so hot as to catch anything on fire inadvertently. It's made of plastic so...

Jazz4Brazo

That's what they say about the old style carafe coffee makers with auto off on their hot plates...how many fires have they caused? Had one go up in smoke for no reason once...think I will pass.

Jack L
On 6/5/2018 at 12:07 PM, NECarson said:

Same here. I'll admit it's ridiculous, but the durability and insulation is a game changer. 

My impatience prevented me from waiting for knockoffs though. 

Made a donation to PF and received a 20 oz knock off version in orange with the PF logo.  Makes a great hunting and fishing cup.

NCgrouse

The term "hoity toity" comes to mind.