• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Cubby

My tail shadow box

Cubby

Just wanted to show you my latest fan display for my office. Its a shadow box that had a black background from Michaels. replaced the black with some dollar store burlap for the background. Some felt to cover the base. I have a soft spot for the brown phase birds as the grey ones are more common. I do plan on making another one for the greys.

20180611_212818.jpg

bill

looks real nice

WMassGriff

What a great idea! Now if I can find some Grouse, and if I can hit some Grouse.......

Mike da Carpenter

Nice idea.  Might do that with my son’s first two pheasants.  Been trying to come up with some way to display them, so 2 shadow boxes might be in order.

sprocket

Very nice!

DennisMcFeely

Very nice. I had one done too with the tail fan holders Brad sells here.

7192C73E-3619-4E7F-B578-A4F8FA29A868.jpeg

max2

I am glad you posted this as it has lit a fire under my butt to get one done. I have the first two tails I got over my last gundog max that I never did anything with and when I saved them I had wanted to do a shadow box with them. 

Cubby

These are my other displays I have done. The fishing one are some of my Dads old ones. They are original wooden Creek Chubs  and Rapalas and some other iconic lures.P_20180612_221835.thumb.jpg.73c27eee92ef1c7eebbcc33440118474.jpg

kgb

I've had a pair of fans from the day I came closest to a double via a "report pair".  Each dog went after one of the birds, the partial fan was "retrieved" by the pup so it's easy to tell who did what.  I'd not wanted to build so big a box as to display them side-by, but one in front of the other could get it done.  Thank you for the inspiration!

Don Steese
2 hours ago, DennisMcFeely said:

Very nice. I had one done too with the tail fan holders Brad sells here.

7192C73E-3619-4E7F-B578-A4F8FA29A868.jpeg

Brownnoser!!