BlacknTan

Electric Impact guns

BlacknTan

I've got new blades for the brush hog. These bolts are pretty tight for safety reasons. I don't have enough compressor to run a full on air powered gun, so it's electric, and corded would be my preference.

Anyone have experience with these? Can you make a recommendation?

chilly460

I don't have experience with corded, but can tell you the Milwaukee 2763 is the real deal.  Rarely do I find that a tool lives up to the hype, but this thing is great.  I have an Ingersoll Rand 2135ti and the Thunder Gun, two of the best pneumatic 1/2" impacts around, and the 2763 hits harder.   

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Wrenches/2763-20

Seems very odd to me that their corded impact is much lower rated

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Wrenches/9071-20

MoSpaniels

I have had a corded Dewalt in the farm shop that came from somewhere (??) that I have never felt much love for. It does a decent enough job except on the really stubborn nuts. Exactly where I would want it to perform. :|

It wont burn up so I will keep it around for the more common needs.

Milwaukee cordless 2763...  +1.

aerochris
BlacknTan

Thanks for the responses...

I'd go for the cordless, but this tool will not see a lot of use from me. I think batteries prefer to be used, and used often to keep them healthy... hence the corded unit. Most of my power tools are Milwaukee, except for a few Makita's, so I'm g;ad to see Milwaukee show up here.

Chukarman

I have been thinking about the cordless impact guns -- nice to have for automobile work. I would like an adjustable torque setting, since it is hard to apply a lot of torque from a standard torque wrench, and it is important to be able to measure the torque applied. Very handy tool.

NECarson

I have the mid torque Milwaukee... It will easily remove semi lug nuts, and all kinds of other stuff that used to be a huge pain. 

Money very well spent. 

uplandave
9 minutes ago, NECarson said:

I have the mid torque Milwaukee... It will easily remove semi lug nuts, and all kinds of other stuff that used to be a huge pain. 

Money very well spent. 

+1. Used it just last week to remove mower deck blades for sharpening. Good luck, Dave 

NECarson
6 minutes ago, uplandave said:

+1. Used it just last week to remove mower deck blades for sharpening. Good luck, Dave 

Probably doing that exact thing Sunday afternoon. 

dogrunner

I have used corded on big concrete forms they worked good for that back in the late 80s. Just changed my blades last weekend on my mower 1/2 ratchet and a pipe on the end worked Great. 

BlacknTan

Thanks for all the good advice.. I just bought the Milwaukee 9071-20

Rockdoc
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:42 AM, BlacknTan said:

Thanks for all the good advice.. I just bought the Milwaukee 9071-20 

It's been almost a month, how's the Milwaukee 9071-20 working for you? I'm only asking because I've been thinking of getting a corded impact wrench myself.

Steve

BlacknTan

Steve,

I haven't given it a severe test yet, but it's done everything I've asked of it so far, very easily. I'm very happy with it thus far, but it is no lightweight... but, it does save me alot of headaches..

Milwaukee quality!

settem

I just purchased a Ryobi 1/2 inch impact. Got the wrench, a 4 hour battery, and a charger for $129 shipped to my door from Home Depot.

You have to order online to get the newest version (model #p261). 

I know it’s not a Milwaukee, but I already had several Ryobi tools, so this just seemed like the right choice. 

I used it to pull the tires off the boat trailer and it sure seemed to loosen the lug bolts with ease. 

I’m happy with it!

NECarson
6 hours ago, settem said:

I just purchased a Ryobi 1/2 inch impact. Got the wrench, a 4 hour battery, and a charger for $129 shipped to my door from Home Depot.

You have to order online to get the newest version (model #p261). 

I know it’s not a Milwaukee, but I already had several Ryobi tools, so this just seemed like the right choice. 

I used it to pull the tires off the boat trailer and it sure seemed to loosen the lug bolts with ease. 

I’m happy with it!

Milwaukee or nothing. 

For me. 

Buy into a battery system, and stick with it. Good call.