FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
atticus

New truck on the way

atticus

Last weekend my trusted (beloved?) 2002 tundra hit another milestone. 

IMG_2018-06-17_17-40-25-M.jpg

To keep going it needs: brakes, tires, rear end repair, ball joints, frame welding --amongst other items--certainly a couple grand. Knowing the end was near, I've been looking for a while and today I pulled the trigger. I bought a 2018 tundra SR5 with the 4.6 and a couple of the SR5 upgrade packages--bucket front seats, spray on bed liner, steps, etc. I got it for $34k and feel that was a good deal, although that sure is a load of bucks. I'll pick it up later this week and trade in my old reliable. I can only hope the new one is as good.  If it does that will be $2000 a year or about 10 cents per mile and I'll be ok with that. 

It sounds silly, but while I feel exited for the new truck--I'll miss my old one; It never let me down. So many adventures together....

Labrador 2016

image-M.jpg

pa'tridge hunters

I always feel a little guilty until I get a whiff of the new truck smell. Enjoy!

terrym

I think you will find your new one is an even better rig. Lots of improvements and developments since 2002. 

NW River Mac

Good luck with the new truck.  You certainly can't ask for much more out of a vehicle than what you got out of you 02. 

atticus
7 hours ago, terrym said:

I think you will find your new one is an even better rig. Lots of improvements and developments since 2002. 

Thats the TRUTH!  Cameras, radar systems, voice command, USB ports--- like being in a spaceship by comparison. I had to ask what the black thing on the roof was, turned out to be a satellite radio antenna...I had no idea.  

gunsrus

Good luck with it Billy . Quick story . A year ago I bought a new Tahoe , all the bells and whistles . I love the truck . Seats are air conditioned and the a/c motor was loud . Take it in and they pull the "snap on " back of the seat to access the motor . I get it back all fixed and the back of the "snap on" seat panel is hanging off . They had to order a new one because once taken off , the snaps break and you need new (under warranty about $400) . Hell of a design . I'm concerned with all the bells and whistles .>:(¬¬

sxsneubaum

My 2000 Tundra went to 260000 yesterday.  I put ball joints on the right side a few months ago, the tire fell off on my way to work.  Two weeks ago my brakes went out when I was on the road, a bolt on a bracket holding the brake line broke almost rear ended a semi.  There is a cracked manifold which causes idle issues when its warm, it won't idle, when I get it going on the road it's fine, but it's an issue. 

I want it to last until next spring and then I plan on getting a Tacoma.  Want the better gas mileage while I'm traveling to field trials. 

Good luck on the new truck.

Jazz4Brazo

Billy...looking forward to pics of the new ride!!!

Up North

Congrats on your purchase! Love new trucks.

BlacknTan

Congrats..

Since I converted to a Toyota 4Runner 3 years ago, I must say I will not own anything but a Toyota again..

SelbyLowndes

I bet it feels good being you right now!...SelbyLowndes

Greg Hartman

Nice new ride, Billy!  Congrats.

I must say those older Tundra's were good vehicles - plus (as Goldilocks said) just right in terms of size (for me at least).  You obviously had good luck with yours.

Fire Marshal Bill

Congrats. I hope the new one serves you as good as the old one did. Time for a road trip to break it in.

bntsetter

Congrats Billy on the new Truck.  Might be had to find you now though after getting so used to looking for the old one.

River19

You will love it Billy.