FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
juneboy1

New walk around camera

juneboy1

My wife is a professional photographer and quit Nikon to go to the Fujifilm x series cameras. I always thought Fuji had a unique look with their equipment and the photo's themselves, and her pictures have a soft feel she couldn't get before. I happened on a Fuji Xa2  on eBay with a 16-50 lens at great price. The camera is small enough to go in my WingWorks vest and easy enough to use for a bumbling fool like me. Think I'm gonna like it. I have shot a few Rocky Mountain flowers in the last couple of days and will post some photo's on this thread when I have something decent to look at! If it hold up it could be the perfect backcountry camera for me. 

E95B5F89-3339-4982-B008-32CA0FF9C781.jpeg

9CE7C7FA-9BF9-44EC-832D-6645BEB0A8A5.jpeg

juneboy1

I haven't quite figured out how to upload from smug mug yet so if you click on the picks hopefully you can see a better image.DSCF3755.thumb.JPG.39ffc81b9ef861d165adbccf6e2d845a.JPGDSCF3752.thumb.JPG.3373b5626098b246e30c7168a9ba28c6.JPG

Greg Hartman

Nice pics, and good choice.  A Fuji XT2 is my general purpose system.  Love it - especially the intuitive controls.

Irishwhistler

Nice find and nice shots.  Enjoy it.

Irishwhistler 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

BlacknTan

I bought a Fuji XT2 last year when my Canon died. I'm very happy with it, but truth be told, the camera is probably an extravagance for my abilities. That said, I'm once again looking for a good walk around, point & shoot style camera. I bought my wife a Panasonic Lumix ZS50 about two years ago, and thanks to airborne dust being sucked into the lens, sensor, etc.. it's now a boat anchor... for an extremely small boat. The camera was not cheap, and the fur on the back of my neck is raised a bit over this whole affair.

I'd like to be able to buy a digital camera that I could get more than a year or two out of... Something that can be easily repaired if something does happen, would be a plus!

BlacknTan

I've been searching for a new camera for a month now. Nothing is 100% what I'm looking for. I like the Fuji cameras very much, but anything with an interchangeable lens is quite large, but, an Xe2S was in the running... Until, I stumbled across the Sony A6000. This seems to have everything I was looking for. An interchangeable lens system for cleaning and maintenance, an EVF.. I like having the option, a large sensor and a do-able size.. and price. Rebates on them right now. I stopped into Best Buy today, and they had one on display. I'm pretty impressed.

I willing to lug a little extra size for the interchangeable lens feature...

Interested in people's thoughts..