Mike Connally

Poachers and trespassing

Mike Connally

What’s your sign? 

BCDBEB1A-93D9-439C-A8B8-DB813C559B67.jpeg

Jakeismydog2

I used to work on golf courses and saw some inventive signs to keep golfers out of people backyards. One guy had a very government looking sign that read "Caution: Rattlesnake habitat restoration area"

Another guy had a spot in his yard where golfers seemed to think it was a good place to stop and pee. It was next to a tee box and behind a little walled area giving privacy from the golf course but not from the guys house. He put in a sprinkler on a stand so it was 4 feet off the ground then had it hooked up to a motion detector. It worked out to turn on right about mid pee and drill you right in the face. It was great fun to watch guys go back there!

Yukon1

My sign is more audio than visual.

We live next to a golf course right by a tee box. We keep a small strip of woods between the cart path and our lawn. It's a natural pee spot where we can see the golfers better than they can see us.

Being a some-time golfer myself I don't sweat it too often but I do like to have fun. Sooo...

On golf tournament days when we tend to get the most pee-ers, I've been know to sit out on the deck with my banjo in hand. I wait for the right moment, when golfer is in "mid-stream" so to speak and I begin playing the first few bars of "Dueling Banjos" from the movie Deliverance.

The reactions are hilarious; heads snap up, looks toward the house in shock, then they try side scooting to get behind a tree all the while still going. 

Cheap fun, I know..

Mike Connally

Saw this today. 

6F78E42E-8473-4D3C-8307-9C6B1C33DD38.jpeg

Brad Eden

A simple handwritten sign "Smile For the Camera" has deterred many a camp break in....in this day of trail and surveillance cameras and technology.

rawhide

Yep.  In our bird lease camp, about 2 miles from the front gate, one of the trailers had a "Smile for the camera"  sign, and the line under that said, "A picture of you has been sent to the ranch foreman.  If you hurry you may be able to get back out the gate before he gets there."  Trouble was, though, there was some rather shockingly crude graffiti in Spanish under that. But, so far as I know, no one ever broke into that trailer.