FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
aje4

Whatcha doing for the 4th?

aje4

As I right this I am stuck at work....meetings until 5PM and then the family and I will hit the road to our place up north for a long weekend.  Relaxing on the lake, fishing, jet skiing, hiking, biking, ATV’ing, eating.....and a few fireworks....

Hope each of you have a wonderful 4th!  Stay safe.....

SelbyLowndes

Hanging out at home.  Probably get to eat some good barbecue.  Retire and special holidays lose some of their luster...SelbyLowndes 

Greg Hartman

Joy and I (Chase is still recuperating from his surgery) are gonna go to my older daughter's nearby place for a BBQ (and maybe a beer).  Feels really good to be able to do that.  Before, the nurse would be off for all holidays and I would be trapped in the house unable to leave for even a minute.  Holidays were dreadful.  Now, I'm looking forward to some more great family/kid/dog chaos.  :)

jeff88

Laid up with severe back spasms and pain.  Can't drink alcohol due to the meds I'm on.  Heavy thunderstorms predicted for our area tomorrow to boot.  The flag will be flying though.  It will be protected by an overhang.  Grilling and smoking still on the menu.  

Wishing everyone on the UJ a really good 4th of July celebration.  Am also thanking our service men and women in appreciation for guaranteeing we get to live in the greatest country the world has ever known.  While I won't be drinking anything more potent than iced tea, this is what I will be toasting:

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

paul frey
27 minutes ago, SelbyLowndes said:

Hanging out at home.  Probably get to eat some good barbecue.  Retire and special holidays lose some of their luster...SelbyLowndes 

This.  I am as patriotic as the next guy, but I enjoy spending time at home.  I used to have a Golden Retriever that was afraid of the fireworks, so I would stay home with him.  My Labs don't mind the fireworks but I would rather stay home. 

Jacquidog

Going to spend the afternoon helping out at the visitors center in the Delaware Water Gap National Park.  Get to meet some really nice people and it gets me out of the house.  All is good at home later with the wife.  Like Shelby says, some of the luster seems to have gone out of the holidays.  Go get em Greg,  I am glad you have your life back, unfortunately the path was kinda rocky. 

gunsrus
33 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Laid up with severe back spasms and pain.  Can't drink alcohol due to the meds I'm on.  Heavy thunderstorms predicted for our area tomorrow to boot.  The flag will be flying though.  It will be protected by an overhang.  Grilling and smoking still on the menu.  

Wishing everyone on the UJ a really good 4th of July celebration.  Am also thanking our service men and women in appreciation for guaranteeing we get to live in the greatest country the world has ever known.  While I won't be drinking anything more potent than iced tea, this is what I will be toasting:

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

Get better Jeff , the Fall is coming .

Lars

Barbecuing then go in hiding till it all blows over.  

gunsrus

Spend the day with family , grilling and cookin (not anything like what I see on this board) . Headed to Maine on Friday after it cools down . Will play a round of golf with my daughter at Sunday River CC on saturday morning and do some chores . Ahhh life is good .

Brad Eden

Heading up to camp with Jo Ann and the dogs for the night. Gonna be a sweltering day, not great for being in the buggy woods. But there is a pond within walking distance where we can all take a dip. I have had some attempted camp break ins over the 4th in the past, from what I suspect are teenagers partying way down this camp road and at the pond. Good to be around to keep that from happening. We just got off a wonderful 5 day  family celebration at our house with our girls so don't feel the need to socialize. Cooler will be primed with ice and cold beer as well. Not interested in dealing with fireworks and stressed dogs either.

Happy and safe 4th to all UJers!

Mike da Carpenter

Spending time with my wife and boys along with grilling Bison Filets from my kill last winter

WI Outdoor Nut

On the boat tonight with another couple, grabbing dinner and meeting up with our boating friends at a restaurant about 15 miles away.  Tomorrow, going to a ball game with the whole inlaw family - a delayed fathers day gift.  Then back on the boat with the kids at night to see fireworks from 3 different cities. 

Don Steese

Calling bingo at our local community park. We have a yearly week long celebration in our downtown park and I volunteer for bingo duty every night. I'll eat some different carnival food each night. Last night it was a mac & cheese baked potato with bacon, tonight it'll be one of our fire company's world famous fish sandwiches and perhaps an ear of fresh sweet corn. This event has been going on since 1972. I was in charge way back in 75. This, and helping out at a free thanksgiving dinner at a local church, is about the only volunteer work I do. I should do more. Hard to get people to help with community stuff anymore. Happy 4th everybody!!

gaberdeen

I just got up a little while ago as I worked last night. Wife and daughter are in NYC to see a play so I have tonight alone. Not sure what I’ll do, probably just hang with the dogs. I work tomorrow night so I’ll be napping in the afternoon.

Oh yeh, the dogs will be hanging on me.

image.jpg

rideold

We're getting kids and grandparents all together.  Putting 4 or 5 racks of baby back ribs on the smoker around 1:30 with a dry rub that I'll put on tonight.....after that it's just watch the dog run around the yard and drink a beer, play games with my kids and maybe watch some fireworks if the motivation arises before I fall asleep!