Sign in to follow this  
Irishwhistler

VELVET DAYS ~ A photograph.

Irishwhistler

5b434ec0b9358_DSC07764VELVETDAYS_Fotor-1.thumb.jpg.95a17f5e260bd2b700afb7aa46576a2c.jpg

Aye Mates,

I caught this young buck in “velvet” out feeding along the edge habitat during the early evening hours last night.

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

paul frey

Nice picture Irish.  I had a doe and her new fawn in my backyard last night under the Mulberry tree.  A Cottontail rabbit emerged from the woods and caught the fawn attention.  It was fun to watch the fawn "stalk" the rabbit. The fawn got to within 3 feet of the rabbit before the rabbit decided "that's close enough".  Hope it turns out to be a buck.

Irishwhistler

5b4356527b312_DSC07768_FotorVELVETMEADOW.thumb.jpg.593270d05bc0738028be436e8f87bf78.jpg

I photographed this buck last evening in the same field as the the buck in the photograph titled "VELVET DAYS".  These two young bucks were feeding about thirty yards apart as I photographed the two o' them.

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

max2

Very nice pic's Mike ! It seems like now is the peak time for wildlife !  Sunday morning out back I enjoyed  up to 6 mink running around playing . Must have been this yrs litter . Yesterday a bear walked past the back porch and stood up to check the bird feeder which has been empty since sometime in May so was picked clean prior. I measured the height to the feeder after he left and it was 5 ft. Then yesterday afternoon the baby grouse.   "Life is Good " !!