2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
mccuha

Weather app

mccuha

Anyone have a good weather app that has radar.  Oh yeah, almost forgot. Will download for free.  That’s the most important thing

MUSTANGER7

My wife says the Weather Channel and Accu-weather  are the top 2 free downlaods. But they all lie.

Dave Quindt

I use 2.  For quick checks on radar or the forecast, I use the Yahoo Weather app.  It also is great as it allows you to easily check the weather for other saved places (e.g. my sister out in Colorado, my WI grouse spots, winter camp in Texas, etc).

When I really need specifics, either in forecast or the radar,  I use the the Weather Underground app.

Both are free.

FYI,

Dave

J_ellard

Accu-weather for me. I like having the past and future radar,  plus I've found the minute cast to be pretty accurate. 

airmedic1

I like WeatherBug 

steveziv

Weather Underground on my phone and laptop for hourly forecast and a really good 10 day graph.

MyRadar on my phone.  When storms are around it gives me an up to date radar picture fast.

Snipeaholic

MyRadar gets the most use on my phone, I like the fact it marks where you are at when it’s opened. I do like Intellicast  for forecast info and general info. Both free but remember, free is worth what you paid for it.

Brad Eden

I use the WeatherChannel app. It's reasonably accurate. Otherwise I look out the window.

aje4

Weather channel and my radar for me....

Brad Eden

I will say thunder storms must be hard to track....we are constantly putting deck cushions under wraps in anticipation, only for them to miss us.

Moomps

MyRadar has the best radar information I think, but it's a little lacking in the area of general weather information.  So, I also use WeatherMate - is has an OK radar, but go in-depth weather data.  I have'nt found 1 app that does it all.

dogrunner

My radar works pretty good. 

Dave Erickson

My Radar also has a wind direction layer I find useful, especially when planning a fishing outing.

oak stob

Radar?...one of the NOAA apps.

Other than that feature, WU is ok...sunrise to humidity simply presented.

Having two or more apps can enable more info presented re wind, snow cover, whatever in a less confusing manner.

Storm was best, to me, but the revised app deserved deletion.

There was one app, perhaps they all offer much the same tho, that tracked precipitation totals, etc. by month and year....wish I recalled it’s name. 

Interesting to view.

Dave Erickson
7 minutes ago, oak stob said:

Other than that feature, WU is ok...sunrise to humidity simply presented.

Having two or more apps can enable more info presented re wind, snow cover, whatever in a less confusing manner.

Storm was best, to me, but the revised app deserved deletion.

There was one app, perhaps they all offer much the same tho, that tracked precipitation totals, etc. by month and year....wish I recalled it’s name. 

Interesting to view.

7 minutes ago, oak stob said:

The app is called "My Radar."