FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
BlacknTan

Second Heat Wave

BlacknTan

The news just stated that we're in our second heat wave of the summer?

I'm still trying to figure out when the first heat wave ended...😣

Did I ever mention that I hate the heat?

gunsrus

Unbearable !

paul frey

Bring on the Fall

Brad Eden

Yup, low 90's up heya next coupla days. It will be grim here at the house in the woods. So...Well probably head the 15 minute drive to the coast this afternoon/evening, sit at a pub bar over the Belfast Harbor and soak in the ocean breeze along with some cold ones....The benefit of living just inland from the Atlantic. Always cooler near the water. Not bragging....see my horrendous winter snow photos I've posted all over the board...

Lars

As of right now we are predicted to hit 106 on Thursday.  But the fall edition of Pheasants Forever came today and grouse season here starts in about 2 1/2 weeks. 

Millriver

I told my wife I'm going to love filling the woodbox this winter!

I can't stand the heat, at least I can throw another log on the fire if I'm cold. I might buy Brad's place when he moves south, I happily would clean the snow off the deck in the photo he keeps posting!

Any maple trees there?

Millriver

January 7 this year, remember this morning well.

IMG_2601.JPG

Brad Eden
13 minutes ago, Millriver said:

I told my wife I'm going to love filling the woodbox this winter!

I can't stand the heat, at least I can throw another log on the fire if I'm cold. I might buy Brad's place when he moves south, I happily would clean the snow off the deck in the photo he keeps posting!

Any maple trees there?

You have first dibs. There are a few Maples, and plenty all over you could get permission to tap...decide if you want to buy my Toyota plow truck, my Cub Cadet snow thrower and the Kubota sub compact tractor that will hopefully be on the premises by fall...you will need all three, and also a strong back and a platoon if snow shovels, pushers and rakes...

BlacknTan

During the dog days of summer, I sometimes check a book out of the library... "A Snow Walker's Companion," By Garrett and Alexandra Conover. They hail from Maine, live in a yurt, and take extensive snowshoeing trips through Labrador, without modern conveniences. Done the way the Voyageurs, did it, with traditional methods and equipment. While it doesn't lower the outside temps, it does fool my mind into thinking it's cooler..

https://lureofthenorth.com/product/literature/snow-walkers-companion/

http://www.northwoodsways.com/htm/products.htm

Millriver
9 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

You have first dibs. There are a few Maples, and plenty all over you could get permission to tap...decide if you want to buy my Toyota plow truck, my Cub Cadet snow thrower and the Kubota sub compact tractor that will hopefully be on the premises by fall...you will need all three, and also a strong back and a platoon if snow shovels, pushers and rakes...

Throw in the GPS coordinates for all your bird covers and Turkey spots and I'll take it!

Ontdon

Clipped the 2 dogs toe nails at about 8:30 last night out in he back yard. The sweat was running in my eyes when I got done. This summer is ridiculous. I hope it cools of by the time the season opens!

BlacknTan

Perhaps a very dim light at the end of the tunnel?

I always love to hear crickets chirping at night around "back to school" time. I saw my first cricket yesterday, and I'm starting to see small acorns falling off the oaks... a good omen!

grouse28

Saw a few leaves flutter to the ground, bird time is coming.

fishvik
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:21 AM, Brad Eden said:

After 90's the last two weeks and bordering on 100 over the weekend, this sounds like heaven.

henryrski

Third one this week.