FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Crazy Horse

Fausti DEA Replacement Stock:

Crazy Horse

AS you might know I had some problems with my Fausti DEA 28 Gauge shotgun. This was the 4th time it needed to be sent back. This time it went back to Italy as I was not satisfied with the replacement butt stock and the left barrel would not fire.

I made it clear that I was very unhappy with their service. I was surprised when I got an e-mail reply from Barbara Fausti. She said the stock would be replaced with comparable wood as was on the original gun. (Which was VERY nice wood.)  I told her I had spoken to their representative in Virginia and offered to put an extra $500 or $600 for a wood upgrade and was told that the next upgrade was $2000. I told her that was just beyond my means.  A little while later I got an E-mail from her husband Fabio who said they would put my initials, in gold, on the trigger guard. I also asked if they would send me a photo of how far they were along.

The gun is on it's way as we speak. I can't wait!!!!!!

BEHOLD!!!!!

Fausti 8 2018 A.JPG

Fausti 8 2018 B.jpg

Fausti 8 2018 C.JPG

Bird Buster

Very nice and great customer service. Enjoy that beauty. 

henryrski

Does the left barrel fire?

lee sykes

Wow!  Very nice!

BlacknTan

Ya' done good!

NCgrouse

Holy F$#%@^

Greg Hartman

Awesome, John!!

Crazy Horse

A friend of mine replied this way when I sent him a photo of my new butt stock.  ;~)

"Only in shotgunning can men admire another man's wood."

OldSarge

That’s a lovely stick. Enjoy and shoot it in good heath. 

Swampy 16

Sorry to hear you had so many problems. I have a Venice model and love it although there was a burr on one of the seers when it was new and prevented the left barrel from firing. Fausti was great, and a pleasure to deal with. My gun was 12 years old but new in the box. The shop I got it from never sold it. Fausti told me they would warranty the gun as if It was made a month before I bought it. They do build one hell of a shotgun. Good luck with yours and yes, that’s quite a piece of wood.

Rob R

Dang that's nice!

Crazy Horse

I know the wood is Walnut, and some refer to the grain as "Marble Cake," but is it French, English Turkish, Carlo??????? Anyone got an idea of what kind it might be?

Irishwhistler

Aye Mate,

T'is a mighty beautiful firearm.  I wish ye the best with it going forward.

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

lee sykes
2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I know the wood is Walnut, and some refer to the grain as "Marble Cake," but is it French, English Turkish, Carlo??????? Anyone got an idea of what kind it might be?

You mean claro?  Nope.  It is Juglans regia which has many common names.

Crazy Horse
1 hour ago, lee sykes said:

You mean claro?  Nope.  It is Juglans regia which has many common names.

So then the only difference between French, English or Turkish walnut is the location where it grows?

I believe Claro (thanks for the correction) is a cross between French and Black walnut, or so I think.