SUPER FOX

Becker-Buckingham AH Foxes-Krupp BBLS

SUPER FOX

This is a first post for a FNG who likes Boykin spaniels and Fox shotguns,

Have Smiths, Parkers, and M-12 heavy Duck guns-but the AH Fox doubles

are a gun unto themselves. A pre-war BE has accounted for more feathered

fowl than the others....though a long range Waterfowl LC Smith has the HE Fox 

by one turkey DOA.

I am convinced that some gobblers want to come in close to see the engraving...

or at least...............try to fool the owner...................

If anyone out there has an XE Fox........please let me know. Mine escaped and we are trying

to herd it back in the barn......................we still have the factory letter. I have heard rumors 

that  some folks here use AH Fox guns.................

Lt Col Ridge Marriott

Vietnam-I Corps- Khe Sanh  (71-72)

NRA-Life-Benefactor

SFA -Life

AH Fox Collectors Assn

Boykin Spaniel Society

gunsrus

Welcome sir , thank you for your service . I'm sure you will fit right in here . As for the Foxes , I've heard rumors there are several here who covet the firearm but my mind can't recollect . An XE huh ? I'll have to look that one up .

Al

Mike Connally

XE? 

Does the X designate it as a “second”?

Mike Connally

I do like Foxes but not on  the scale as some here. 

Saw this one last week. 

BCE9435B-26F4-43B7-9BBC-65112DAB2B96.jpeg

WPG Gizmo

Dont let Al fool you he has the market cornered on Foxes if there is on out there he can smell it.  I did see one that he does not have it was a Fox Sterlingworth Cape Gun12 ga SXS with a 45-70 barrel in place of the second barrel.  http://www.mylandco.com/index.php?pageid=99&listingid=902

tut

I have a few Foxes.  No XE however.  I do have an XE upgrade in the works because I could never afford an original XE small bore.  I do have one of these straight grip Super's which remarkably sounds like your handle. 

superfox.jpg

61bhs

There was a 12 ga XE in a venders trailer at the Grand in Sparta Friday,30” double triggers,straight grip,splinter forend,missing buttplate bot scews are still there.  Asking $11,000. 

gunsrus

CSMC XE

IMG_0953.JPG

SUPER FOX
23 hours ago, 61bhs said:

There was a 12 ga XE in a venders trailer at the Grand in Sparta Friday,30” double triggers,straight grip,splinter forend,missing buttplate bot scews are still there.  Asking $11,000. 

Might require a Silvers leather faced pad or something.......that HE of Tut's is nice and it does have a brother. Mr. Buck's HE was similar though it had XE engraving

and was supposed to make an interesting sound in a duck blind.

I do have other American doubles, but "A Fox gets the game"......... I like the ones that came out of Philadelphia 

with Krupp fluid steel barrels.

Trying to find the right gun at the right price is always either great fun..or a challenge..or both......

"It was engraved and headed to Mexico, I diverted it for a $100 dollar bill.........."            Robert E. Lee Clayton

grouse28
On 8/6/2018 at 4:50 PM, WPG Gizmo said:

Dont let Al fool you he has the market cornered on Foxes if there is on out there he can smell it.  I did see one that he does not have it was a Fox Sterlingworth Cape Gun12 ga SXS with a 45-70 barrel in place of the second barrel.  http://www.mylandco.com/index.php?pageid=99&listingid=902

I saw that one also, definitely not factory. Way over priced even for the novelty of it. Must weigh a ton and would be neither a good shotgun nor rifle. Although Al might like it for the Maine woods, birds and bears, ya know.

He would restock it.

Grifish
On 8/6/2018 at 3:17 PM, Mike Connally said:

XE? 

Does the X designate it as a “second”?

No “-rated”

Welcome, Super Fox, there are a couple of guys on the board, who know a couple of guys, who more than likely own a large % of all the Xs extant. Good luck in your quest.

25/06

Welcome to the forum you are among friends. Brad has one of the nicest front porches on the internet.

Not a high grade but an honest Super Fox

CB5522CE-147F-4BF9-97C6-D9C86D661196.jpeg

Irishwhistler

SUPER FOX.

Welcome aboard Sir and my most sincere appreciation for your military service.  Grand having you join us.

Respectfully,

Mike 🍀🇺🇸🇮🇪

Tim Frazier

C6C65BFF-5DA7-4F8A-9FCB-6133813A02D8.thumb.jpeg.c1171e927c3c1b0989e0b2d9b530aa1e.jpeg535EE92F-BF29-407B-AD50-45C7EB967502.thumb.jpeg.44ebb4e5c8c001f2f8815e3afb17e6b8.jpeg

Welcome to the board.  I can't play in the sand box that is Fox any longer but this solid rib Model 12 HD was picked up to scratch that itch for a classic duck gun.  Super Foxes are way cool though ;-)

Chukarman

I have a Fox 16 w/ Krupp barrels. I had a BE 12 and a C grade 16 - both went down the road.