FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ontdon

South through Cinci

Ontdon

Wife and I are heading to Nashville to celebrate our 45 year anniversary. Plan on pulling a 23 ft house trailer down I 75 . What is the best way to get through Cincinnati? Thanks

C.J.L.

75 straight through.  I actually have guys in Cincinnati this week working and talked with them this morning.  Not to much construction going on they said.  

mister grouse

PM sent

JoeFroESS

I live 35 minutes North of Cincy and I75 traffic can get pretty backed up sometimes, especially with construction although there is less of it now.  Conditions depend on when you hit it.  If morning or evening rush hours, I would strongly consider taking the bypass I 275 West around and through Indiana into Kentucky where you would reconnect with I75 South.  It is about a 15 minute penalty under normal conditions but the roads are not as heavily traveled - much better on the blood pressure and much less likely to see stop and go traffic.  However this traffic is nothing like the Toronto area so it might not be an issue for you.

I usually engage the Waze app and check the timing for both routes and make a game time time decision on whether to go straight through or bypass.  There is also an overhead digital sign that tells you the travel times right before the I275 West exit.  A couple of weeks ago I pulled my large wake boat down to Norris Lake and took I275W on the way down because I hit it in rush hour and took the straight shot up I75 on the way back because it was late evening. 

If you do take I275 West, the exit from I75, make sure to get over to the right lane early.  It can be hard to get to because people get over early and finding a big enough space to merge into can be a challenge if you are pulling something long. 

Louisville I almost always take I264 around where you would pick up 65 to Nashville.

Have a great time in Nashville!  

mister grouse

IMO Louisville can be far worse than Cincy for traffic jams., but  Neither holds a candle to Nashville mess though.

Ontdon

Thanks for the replies. Trying to avoid the long pull up to Florence and the bridge below the hill. Been a long time since I've been that way.