FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
terrym

Favourite time of day ?

terrym

So I'm sitting out back in my comfortable screened in porch, both dogs and the cat are curled up near me. The doves are sounding away. I'm on my 2nd oversized mug of coffee. When my women get up I'll make them a nice cooked breakfast. My favourite time of day is 7:00-8:30am. Love the quiet time. I can't wait to retire to do this every day. 

Oh, this is also a time I like to log in here. 🙂

salmontogue

Anytime at the lake house.  In Maine terminology...."camp".

Perk

WPG Gizmo

I normally get up each morning at 430 during the week I am out the door at 5 heading to work. 

But on the weekend I know I will have the house to myself until about 9 that is my time it is quite no one bothers me the dogs are close by and the cat comes to visit.

EB&Me

Daybreak

RDG

Not a morning person, never was... probably never will be. 

My wife is a nurse and works the overnight shift. So 2-3 days a week she’s at work and I get the kids to bed. So once they fall asleep I get about 2 hours by myself to do whatever I want. 

It ususlly consists of having a few beers, playing on the iPad and watching a little TV. 

OceanRoamer

Much like the areas I hunt, I like the “edges” of the day. The hour before and after sunrise...the hour before and after sunset.

SelbyLowndes
19 minutes ago, OceanRoamer said:

Much like the areas I hunt, I like the “edges” of the day. The hour before and after sunrise...the hour before and after sunset.

I'll second that emotion...SelbyLowndes

BlacknTan

I too don't do mornings well... Never have.

I guess my favorite time of day is about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Usually, most everything is done by then, after lunch drowse is kicking in, and I can sit down with a book or puzzle and kick back..

I was under the assumption that getting older meant more "kick back" time, but it just 'taint so..

Bluegill68

Really enjoy the day coming to light, probably why turkey season has an draw to me. 

BAA03234-EBF0-46DC-AA8D-E7B28BC8F895.jpeg

Lars

Dawn for sure.  I sit with my coffee and think of all the things I want to accomplish that day but then don't . 

jeff88

Twilight, when the evening is coming on and you can reflect back on the day, particularly if it was a really good one.  During hunting season I love the period when the guns are sheathed, the sky is darkening and we are having a cold one by the truck.  If there are final rays of light, makes it even nicer.

oak stob

Depends....with pheasants, one finest time is while parked on the roadside, pups softly whining in the back with coffee cooling next to a box of donuts...outside a 320 awaits and we are watching the sun rise yet again as pheasants begin trading out of the switch in singles and wads, to then softly glide down into the neighboring milo.

In grouse country, the finest hour is the drive out to the hard road and back to the motel. Tired, window down with cool air settling the day to memory and maybe, a woodcock slants across a road graded by a garden hoe, to go do woodcock stuff. Just light enough to see the river at the bridge but quickly losing the ripples to the bankside shadows.

Or, the time of day when that hot shower first hits cold shoulders after a day when rain at grandma Hightops changed to snow hustling by on the wind and which I wager smelled of Alberta.

Lot of good times.

C.J.L.

I love cool early mornings when I have the world mostly to myself.  

BlacknTan
2 hours ago, Lars said:

Dawn for sure.  I sit with my coffee and think of all the things I want to accomplish that day but then don't . 

I like your philosophy, Lars!!

Lars
38 minutes ago, BlacknTan said:

I like your philosophy, Lars!!

Ha!   I'm really not that lazy all year just during these long hot summers.