FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Remo

Sony's New Super-Fast Cameras

Marc

And the incumbents aren't sitting still. Nikon is working on its first full-frame mirrorless camera, with more details of the device due to be announced on Aug. 23.

I shoot a Nikon J5 mirrorless camera - it still is giving me issues because I am so used to SLRs and dSLRs, but I am slowly being swayed by the speed of a mirrorless camera for taking pictures of events that happen or will happen quickly.

BlacknTan

Beyond my finance and capabilities, but very impressive nonetheless.

Greg Hartman

That same Sony technology filtered down to the smaller, less expensive Sony cameras.  My Sony RX100V is the size of a deck of cards, but it will shoot at 24 frames per second and track focus on a moving object (like a bird or dog) while doing so.  Amazing technology for someone who started out with a fully manual Rolliflex TLR.

Joy "walking on water".  She was running straight at me and the little camera kept her in hard focus while shooting at 24 fps - a real challenge for a focus system!

7-9-18 - If you are fast enough you can walk on water

Irishwhistler

KILLER IMAGE of JOY Greg.👌

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

BlacknTan
10 hours ago, Greg Hartman said:

That same Sony technology filtered down to the smaller, less expensive Sony cameras.  My Sony RX100V is the size of a deck of cards, but it will shoot at 24 frames per second and track focus on a moving object (like a bird or dog) while doing so.  Amazing technology for someone who started out with a fully manual Rolliflex TLR.

Joy "walking on water".  She was running straight at me and the little camera kept her in hard focus while shooting at 24 fps - a real challenge for a focus system!

7-9-18 - If you are fast enough you can walk on water

Proof, once again, that it's the Indian and not the arrow!

But, team a good Indian up with a straight arrow, and the results can be jawdropping!

BTW, I've had my Sony A-6000 for about a week now, and I'm very pleased thus far. Not as pocketable as Greg's little Sony, but I felt I needed to compromise on size..

IPszzP7.jpg