FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Buddy Knox

i need some advice regarding e-collars

Buddy Knox

For over a decade I used a Dogtra two dog train and beep and loved them.  For Christmas I got a new set of Garmin 2502T&B collars.  Sometime in the past few years Dogtra changed from having collar A having a single tone and B having a double tone to having two distinctly different tones.  my issue is...I don't hear the low frequency very well.  The higher freq tone is fine.  I just talked to Dogtra and there is nothing can be done to change the tone... it is hard wired into the transmitter circuit board.  

I do not want a GPS collar.  I'm not against them, I just don't want to have to wear my reading glasses in the field and I want the 'beep' to come from the point, not from my chest.  Call me old fashioned.

So what is out there with the range and features of my Dogtra, but with tones I can hear (or change so I can hear it).  I need help please. 

MUSTANGER7

Had the same problem mine was something called old age. I got hearing aids and that really did the trick. I rarely wear them around the house but its became a got to wear when I'm out with the dogs. It was like WOW.

MUSTANGER7

PS, if your a veteran you can probably get them through the VA for hardly anything. Process is slow but all my batteries etc are free, saved a lot of cash.

Buddy Knox

Thanks Amigo.   Old age and years of accumulated jet engine noise damage have taken a toll on my hearing.

WPG Gizmo

Buddy I have the same issue but I can not hear the High Freqs low tone I have no problem I also have Dogtras but mine are 2002 T&B with the beeper on top of the collar I tried the low slung one but they did not work for me.  

And yes the VA will give you Hearing Aids but I was told never to shoot while wearing mine without first taking them out as they dont cut off in loud noise

MUSTANGER7
On 8/23/2018 at 4:22 PM, WPG Gizmo said:

And yes the VA will give you Hearing Aids but I was told never to shoot while wearing mine without first taking them out as they dont cut off in loud noise

Did not know this, what type are yours mine are Phonak Audeo B. Its a non issue for me as I no longer carry a shotgun, not enough quail here to shoot and two I can't raise my arms up quickly due to shoulder issues. Just wondering in mine at not shootable.

WPG Gizmo

Mine are Phonak Bolero Q they are a behind the ear version I was told at the VA not to wear the when shooting