FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jackiep

Bridget puppies are here

jackiep

We have 4 beautiful puppies and to say that I am thrilled would be a understatement.  She had two girls (liver and what appears to be blue roan) and two boys (liver and black)

It has been a bit of a wild ride mostly due to being evacuated from our home because of the California wildfires the day before Bridget was due to whelp.  She ended up whelping the pups in a travel trailer in a dirt parking lot outside of Motel 6 😓.  I still cannot believe that we made it through but dogs are clearly tougher than we give them credit for.

We are back home now and it sure feels great to have the space and comfort of home.  Now the work begins!

38996924_257958088263211_880290526124625

36717484_10216191240434501_7237079782783

Grifish

I want one with a waggly tail!

mart

Mom and Dad are sure handsome dogs. Congrats on the pups.

Korthaar

Lovely dogs. Glad to hear the whelping went well and your home is fine.  

salmontogue

Welcome home to your family, dogs included.  Out of control fire is a sobering experience.

Perk

UplandHntr

Congrats! What a mix of colors. Did your home make it ok?

greg jacobs

Congratulations on the new members.

Got a visit from a sheriff a while back. The fire was glowing over the hill. Said to get ready to evacuate. Asked what my plan was. I replied I would load the dogs up and leave. He smiled and drove down to the next house. Hooked up the 5th wheel but didn't have to leave. You realize how unprepared you are about then.

jackiep

Yes being evacuated is really quite a experience.  We were evacuated for 8 days during the time that Bridget was whelping and  in addition we also had a evacuation in July that lasted 7 days.  Even though we should be getting use to it :( every time the sheriff comes by and tells us we have to leave we have no plan and nothing packed.  I sure hope we do not get another evacuation before the end of summer but after two within a month I won't count on it.

Approx. 25 homes were lost on this fire in our very small community (ours was safe).  The fire the month before took out 12 homes.  It is a very devastating time no doubt about it.  I can't even think of the wildlife that is effected by these wildfires it  just breaks my heart.

Hal Standish
7 hours ago, jackiep said:

Yes being evacuated is really quite a experience.  We were evacuated for 8 days during the time that Bridget was whelping and  in addition we also had a evacuation in July that lasted 7 days.  Even though we should be getting use to it :( every time the sheriff comes by and tells us we have to leave we have no plan and nothing packed.  I sure hope we do not get another evacuation before the end of summer but after two within a month I won't count on it.

Approx. 25 homes were lost on this fire in our very small community (ours was safe).  The fire the month before took out 12 homes.  It is a very devastating time no doubt about it.  I can't even think of the wildlife that is effected by these wildfires it  just breaks my heart.

Praying for rain for folks out there. Great fun ahead helping these new babies be all they can be. Congrats on the breeding!

ThreeDogs

Beautiful!

jackiep

The pups are almost 9 weeks old now and I have finally made my choice of which pup I will hold back.

I will be keeping the blue roan girl who is hands down the biggest pup in the litter and the most unusual looking, but it was her confidence and desire to bring things back to me that caught my eye the most.  I think we will call her River :)

20181006_102808_zpsdbqktpxu.jpg

20181006_102811_zpsk1akbh9e.jpg

20181006_102558_zpsihutzkcp.jpg