FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Hal Standish

ESS trials are almost here!

Hal Standish

Five years ago Lil Zeta began scratching and clawing her way up the Field Champion mountain. On her way to 3 titles she had to take on the FC AFC dogs that were in her way. Now just turned 6 yrs of age she about to resume the circuit life as a Senior competitor. She will heading back to Salmy's Kennel under the watchful eye of Michael Wallace. The plan is to run her in the Open AA then send her for entry in the Amateur AA. At this juncture she will be pitted against the new up and comers vying for their titles. We will find what she has left in the tank, hey we need a ticket to the NOC and NAC.  The photo was when she was about 8 months her first steady bird with nice retrieve.

5967f51a39b88_ZetaFlush.thumb.jpg.bf9768f0373560f308f29a01ec1c35f3.jpg

Natty Bumpo

Hi On, Zeta!!  Mike W. and The Warrior Princess will be formidable competitors on the Spaniel circuit this fall. Good Luck to the team.

Grifish

Keep it going, Zeta! Good luck, Hal!

studdog

Go gettum you old goat!

Hal Standish
22 hours ago, studdog said:

Go gettum you old goat!

Ha! I may not be good looking or athletic, or funny, talented or even smart...Oh hell I forgot where i was going with this, but I do know I love bacon!!

Pat Berry

Good luck to Zeta and every other UJer about to hit the fall trial circuit. Keller is already qualified for the NOC and the Canadian Amateur National, but since I don't know if I can afford to enter either of those, I suppose we'll just be out there for the fun of it.

jackiep

Good luck to Zeta in fall.

She has been so much fun to watch on here over the years!!

Hal Standish
On 8/18/2018 at 1:02 PM, Pat Berry said:

Good luck to Zeta and every other UJer about to hit the fall trial circuit. Keller is already qualified for the NOC and the Canadian Amateur National, but since I don't know if I can afford to enter either of those, I suppose we'll just be out there for the fun of it.

Hell Pat if it was up to whether we can afford it or not, we would have quit a long time ago! But it is what we do! Hie-on!

Flairball

Good luck, Hal.

I haven’t posted much about Bailey lately, but he will be making his debut next month. 

Hal Standish
On 8/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, Flairball said:

Good luck, Hal.

I haven’t posted much about Bailey lately, but he will be making his debut next month. 

Flairball, Did you go to Central Conn trial? I heard a number of dogs got in trouble in AM stake due to heat.

Flairball
1 hour ago, Hal Standish said:

Flairball, Did you go to Central Conn trial? I heard a number of dogs got in trouble in AM stake due to heat.

I did not, but I head the same thing. 

I don't go to that trial precisely for that reason, it’s too hot. I know dogs can be conditioned to the heat to an extent, but a trial is supposed to test the skills of hunting dogs against each other, and nothing about those conditions replicates anything a spaniel will hunt in. I think it’s just stupid to have a trial in August. The Patriot Club trial in mid-sept can get warm, too. That’s about the earliest I’ll enter. 

Pat Berry

I don't have a problem with the dates we run trials. It could be 60 degrees and rainy in August and 90 plus in October. The problem is that the dogs and handlers are not prepared. The dogs might not be in the best shape and the handlers aren't prepared to keep the dogs cooled down or be willing to pick up their dog when they get in trouble. I have more respect for a couple of my friends who picked their dogs up in the third series than the winner whose dog finished the trial with a temp of 108 and needed an IV.

Flairball
On 9/3/2018 at 8:28 AM, Pat Berry said:

It could be 60 degrees and rainy in August and 90 plus in October. 

......and a monkey could fly out of my ass whan I fart. 

Hal Standish
12 hours ago, Flairball said:

Who ever picked your forum name did a good job! 😄 👍 Best of runs when temps are more agreeable!

Pat Berry
15 hours ago, Flairball said:

You might want to work on your eating habits, Larry:

https://www.weather.gov/bgm/climateMain

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/91278/october-scorches-records-in-the-northeast

https://weather.com/news/climate/news/2017-11-01-record-warm-october-northeast-wet-great-lakes