FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Chukarman

Pressure washer?

Chukarman

I think I need to buy a pressure washer... electric and 2000 PSI or less. Adjustable. Need to wash concrete pavers on the driveway, Saltillo tiles on the patio, the house, cars and trucks, etc. Light household work.

There is a bewildering array for these products available. DO you have any suggestion?

Mike

Brad H

I don't really have any brand suggestions. I will tell you that I have had a lot of them, I go through them quite regularly. 

I have bought expensive name brand models and cheap models and they all seem to fail after about a year. The best one that I have had so far was a cheap Walmart model. 

I use them in my vineyard to clean the tractor, grape bins, etc. I would not say that I am hard on them but I do have hard water and it seems that the pressure sensor fails on them after about a year. I am assuming that the hard water is the root cause. So I just buy an inexpensive one every few years and assume that it will make a year or two. 

Just my 2 cents. 

salmontogue

I won a Campbell Hausfeld pressure washer during a gun club raffle.  It is gas power, six horsepower and does not look particularly robust.  I figured it would last just a few years, that was twenty years ago, it is still going strong and I have used it a lot.  It allows adjustment of the discharge pressure which is handy.  I have had at least six electric pressure washers during the same time frame.  They are junk compared to the gas unit and they do not last regardless of brand.  They do work but not long term.

Perk

Dave Erickson

A local guy was electrocuted using an electric pressure washer, and ever since I've been leery of them. Probably a fluke, but I'm also in need of one and it will be a gas powered unit. There are a few brands (Simpson is one) that use Honda motors and they seem to work well. 

Skybuster

I

1 hour ago, Dave Erickson said:

A local guy was electrocuted using an electric pressure washer, and ever since I've been leery of them. Probably a fluke, but I'm also in need of one and it will be a gas powered unit. There are a few brands (Simpson is one) that use Honda motors and they seem to work well. 

I have a Ryobi 1,800 psi electric. I like it for its light weight and portability. The price was right and it meets my expectations for the few times that I use it. The gent that was electrocuted must not have had his washer on a grounded circuit, or the GFI failed.

Dogwood

Stanley Power Washer

I recently purchased this model and have been very pleased with it thus far.  Solid build with brass/steel quick connect fittings.  4 different nozzle widths and a an adjustable foam soap dispenser.  

RookieEP

No expert but think youll be disappointed with electric unless you find something more powerful.  Research the pumps which have the most issues.  Mine from northern tool and honda engine has been great.  Mine is 5 years old is great do follow the maintenance.   Starts right up

BlacknTan

I need one also, but I've been looking at gas.

Kansas Bound

I bit the bullet and finally spent the money on a pressure washer that should last my lifetime

YAMAHA

BlacknTan
19 minutes ago, Kansas Bound said:

I bit the bullet and finally spent the money on a pressure washer that should last my lifetime

YAMAHA

I don't need that good, seeing as how my lifetime is probably only another five years or so..

That is nice, though..

idcut

This is the brand we predominately use at work. I hire folks, anywhere from 10 to 40, in the summer to clean,  refurbish and box inbound dirty fire equipment. The pressure washers are run 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for weeks on end, on the hose washing ramp and elsewhere, without many mechanical issues. I can't imagine one used as a personal washer would see the same amount of use in a lifetime as they see over the course of the summer at our office.

https://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/Karcher-G3500OHT-Pressure-Washer/p65011.html

Chukarman

Lots of very good suggestion - I don't think that I need the $18K model... but thanks for posting the link, Dogwood!

After reading all this, I am leaning towards a small gas-powered model.

Thanks, all.

steveziv

Got a cheap Depot/Briggs gas model several years ago.  Use it a couple times a year, starts every time.  Need to figure out how use the soap dispenser.