Sign in to follow this  
WMassGriff

Michelin Defender LTX M/S

WMassGriff

Anyone runem? Thinking of getting a set to replace the crap factory tires on my 4Runner. I don't do any hardcore 4 wheeling, but do carry chains and use them if needed.

CzechSM

I have run them in the past and I run them now on a Tahoe. Quiet ride and long lasting. I’ll buy them again. 

terrym

I have used M LTX MS for years. Great tires. 

henryrski

I use them and like them.

oak stob

Yup....2nd go ‘round on a Tacoma,  77K with a bit more tread left on first set, then weather and a trip happened.

Millriver

Yep, got them on my 2015 Silverado. Had them on my previous truck. Like them a lot and would buy again 

SODAKer

Put a set on my 2010 Tundra for the first time last year. Great tire and I'll stick with them. 

Prior to the Defender I had been running Michelin LXT M/S2 or version of for years.  

polecat

Love mine.Smooth ride.

mister grouse

Have used those tires or their predecessors from Michilin since early 80s on all my suburbans and tahoes, and still do.  IMO the best all around tire on the roads and in typical off road .  I have been in some tough spots with them in mountains and steep slick mud roads and they have done fine for me.  Also quiet on interstates at relatively high speeds , in accordance with all laws of course.

When considering the miles I have put on all those vehicles over the years , I am sure there have been in excess of a million (like way more) miles on these or similar Michelins.  Never a tire failure to this point.    

25/06

We put them on my wife's 14 explorer sport.... Much more sure footed on snowy and Icy roads than the factory HanCook tires...She has about 25,000 on them and the wear is minimal.

They are quiet.... The only criticism is very minor, if you drive on a concrete road that has been milled with the little grooves these tires really like to follow the grooves( probably a side affect of them being very good on snow and icy roads.

WMassGriff

Gona pull the string on them as they have a rebate this month. Thanks for all the responses. 

Fins and Feathers

Good timing for this topic.   Just put a set in my truck yesterday.  Sounds like I made a good choice.  

WMassGriff:   Where can I find this rebate info? 

oak stob

I always received rebate option info from the dealers at purchase time.

WMassGriff

Saw it on the Michelin site for tires bought in September.

jeff88

Best tires I had on both the explorer and expy.