FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
blue drew 2

Dogtra Pathfinder, Any Updates?

blue drew 2

Hello all,

I have been looking at all three of the big GPS collars. I really only need a GPS, no real need for an integrated track and train style system as I purchased a Dogtra 1900 last year. I have read through most of the recent topics on the Pathfinder, however the latest update was from April. I saw a few posts stating that some members were planning on getting the Pathfinder, and was hoping some did and might have some feedback. I primarily hunt Michigan's U.P., and have a Griffon that usually works pretty close, but want to have a GPS just in case he gets a wild hair. As they always say, it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Also, my hearing is shot, so I would really like something that can walk me in to a point if I lose sight of him. Additionally, I have seen that they have the Pathfinder TRX for $30 less. If anyone has any recommendations, reviews, or suggestions that they would like to share, I would really appreciate it.

All the best,

Drew

Fur and Feathers

I bought the pathfinder this spring and really like it so far. Really easy to use. Great battery life. Only have used it on short runs over the summer, I'll put it to the real test in the next few weeks. If you don't have cell service you can't use the maps unless you have downloaded them prior. No big deal to me, the maps are nice but all in all we just want to know where our dogs are at and it still does that. The ecollar isn't handy for training purposes but it sure is nice to have if the need arises and your dog gets a wild hair. To save $30 I wouldn't be with out it. I can get my 9 month old Drahthaar pups attention with just the tone. 

blue drew 2

Hey Fur and Feathers,

Thanks for the update. I talked with one guy from my local RGS chapter and he said the trainer he uses has one and has great success with it. I would like to hear how you like it as you get some time with it over the next weeks if you don't mind!

Best,

Drew

blue drew 2

Update,

Found a astro 220 with a dc 40's, and 2 dc-20's via craigslist. So looks like I will be running that this year at least!

-Drew