FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Dave Quindt

Wingworks Vests temporarily suspending production

Dave Quindt

Per their webpage

9/8/18   Sorry friends, we have a building project to dry in for the winter and are suspending vest orders for a few weeks.  Accessories will remain open, and existing orders will be processed as usual.

FYI,

Dave

Chukarman

That's life as a one-man company.

Gunsmoke

Maybe and I don't know the man or his situation but maybe just maybe there's something there worth sitting at the table for then. Sometimes you're absolutely right Mike "one man band" sell while there's something there before someone sees your down and mows you over. IMHO he makes THE best.

Chukarman
On 9/9/2018 at 3:19 PM, Gunsmoke said:

Maybe and I don't know the man or his situation but maybe just maybe there's something there worth sitting at the table for then. Sometimes you're absolutely right Mike "one man band" sell while there's something there before someone sees your down and mows you over. IMHO he makes THE best.

Bob is a good friend and a perfectionist. He is constantly working on improvments to design and testing new materials. He and I worked together on a high-end folding safari chair project. He refused to release the design until it was as perfect in materials and function as we could make it. He has a very talented (US based) fabricator building his vests. Even then he will configure your vest to the specs that you provide when ordering. This takes time and I know that he works hard at it. He has to order in quantity and when he has vests he is shipping, when he is waiting for his supplier to deliver he can't ship. August is his busiest month, and he may have decided that he needs a little time off to catch up.

Here is Bob modeling the chair we worked on together (American Camp Chair, Ranger model)

ChairsAtExpo2.thumb.jpg.b97465e031d1cbb9ebfeec917861f408.jpg

Irishwhistler

I have a WING WORKS vest and just plain love it.  Worth the wait if ye must.👌

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

Gunsmoke

I personally wish nothing but the utmost best and much much continued success for Bob. You have no idea what a pleasure it is to still have men like Bob who have pride in what they do to do business with. It pays to be a winner!!!!

Chesepeakes_Man

Mike,

Where can I order a few of those fine chairs ?

Dale 

blanked

do the chairs come with arm rest?

Brad Eden

Bob and Wingworks have been a very long term UJ Ad Sponsor. He has supported this Board while many other Ad Sponsors have bailed because their ads weren't "clicked" enough, and/or didn't appreciate my insistence that UJ doesn't become inundated with ads, so I place ads with discretion. (Trust me I could place all banner and display ads in your face) Attempts at telling them that positive discussion about their products on the Forums is priceless compared to Ad clicks doesn't fly...if the Ad Sponsor isn't a Member and doesn't see that niche marketing. WW stays a supporter even with competitors being UJ Ad Sponsors. Great guy, great company and a superior product that is worth waiting for.

bobman

great product love mine

if I was one of you young guys i’d buy two

seems everytime i find a great product it goes out of production before I need another 

the one i have will probably last me till i’m done at my age

Chukarman
13 hours ago, Chesepeakes_Man said:

Mike,

Where can I order a few of those fine chairs ?

Dale 

Call Andrew at 888-852-2359 He can fill you in.

Mike

PS: No arm rests. No foot rests, either. 😃 Just super quality and comfort.

dvmweb

I am fortunate to have a WW vest. It is the best that I have ever seen. Order one for next year. Worth every penny.

Sage Hen

I've discovered that it's hard to find a good camp chair without arm rests. Which is just what you need for a little guitar playing at the end of the day.  I knew the vests were first rate but I'm glad you shared the chair info.

Irishwhistler

I have a WING WORKS vest and just plain love it.  Worth the wait if ye must.

BOMBPROOF ! 👍👌

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

Cooter Brown

The man that wears out a Wingworks vest is much more man than me, and I am much man.

Well, at least I was in my 30-40s, and I don't think I could have actually worn a Wingworks vest into disuse, which I did to a Filson.  Wore it slap out to a threadbare useless nothing.

At near 60 I'm not that man now.  For most  a Wingworks vest would be a lifetime purchase.

On top of that Bob is a a fine and interesting fellow.  Someone who is able to turn a love of hunting and fishing and fine work into a living should be supported.