WMassGriff

Alpha 100 Compass wrong direction to dog

Pleasant Ridge

Not sure about the alpha but I have noted with the Astro DC40 and 320 collar that this happens often. I calibrate at least every 2 trips and make sure batteries have a good charge, which seems to help. 

WMassGriff

My unit is better since recalibrating frequently and keeping battery up. Still acts funky once in a while but does correct itself. I wonder if it might be satellite positions? I also have found that by starting a new hunt each time I go out that seems to help too.

3springs
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:38 AM, E.Young said:

Strangely, I've just had this happen. I just connected it with a new-to-me Garmin Fenix watch, too. Re-calibration didn't work, both are pointing 180* away from the collars. Distances are also a fair bit off. 

I tried to update (for the first time since I got it last year) and neither my PC nor my Mac will pick up the handheld as a drive or device and Garmin's troubleshooting instructions are pretty useless. Very frustrating. Help?

I just had a similar thing during my update. The fix was to update the Garmin Express app.

E.Young

Uninstalled/reinstalled Express on both computers. Still won't do a dang thing on the PC, but it works great on the Mac!