FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
topdog1961

Home2 Suites by Hilton

topdog1961

It's family weekend at my daughter's college, so we're out of town. This is my new favorite place to stay on the road. The rooms are enormous, with a kitchen and sink, dishwasher, and full size fridge.  They have a sleeper sofa and 65 inch TV. The opaque blind system prevents any light from filtering in. The beds and high stitch count bedding feel like you're laying on a cloud. They have many common areas like fire pit,  outdoor gas grilles and numerous gathering areas. They may be more than U need if you only want a place to put your head for one night, but if staying in an area or if you need 3 beds, they are hard to beat. I'm not a fan of the contemporary straight line styling with retro 70s colors, similar to the new McDonalds, but that's not what I'm here for. Through the week you get snacks and two free drinks at the bar, and you always get a good breakfast. All of them are fairly new, fresh clean, with outstanding service so far. Price is good for what u get. I've spent between $88 and $124 depending upon day of week and location. That's with a work related discount of about 20%. When traveling with a wife and teenage boy and girl, it's a good fit. 

Edit: I may add that though they have made every effort to make this place hospitable, Hilton has not solved the problem of totally undisciplined children. Am I just getting old and crotchety, or should parents be expected to keep their children from running up and down the halls screaming at the top of their lungs?  There seems to be a big soccer tournament in the area. Thank God for thick walls and earplugs. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg