FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
bmeador

Laptop Recommendations Needed

bmeador

I am a computer retard so let's just get that out of the way. I am looking for a laptop that is inexpensive.

I want it to be able to let me study Garmin View SD cards, OnX, etc..., connect to my Astro, Basecamp, etc...

I also want it to be able to browse the web, the usual stuff...

What are ones that you guys/gals like? How much memory do I need? Which processor? I'm looking at a Dell Inspiron right now.

Thanks!

NECarson

Whatever Best Buy has on sale... 

But get a touchscreen. Those are great. 

Brad Eden

Moving this to General. Might get more traction. I got nuthin. I'm a Mac guy and they dont fall under the inexpensive column, just the awesome column.

MTRookie76
46 minutes ago, NECarson said:

Whatever Best Buy has on sale... 

But get a touchscreen. Those are great. 

^^^^

THIS

NECarson
34 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Moving this to General. Might get more traction. I got nuthin. I'm a Mac guy and they dont fall under the inexpensive column, just the awesome column.

I'm either too smart or too dumb to use a Mac. 

They frustrate me to no end... 

browndrake

For your needs, just about any new computer will be just fine.  I'm different  from some  I prefera laptop withiut touch screen.

I'm not a Mac guy either, but they are fine machines.

Chukarman

I have an iPad and an Apple MacBook Air. I love them both. The iPad is great for HuntX maps and nav work.

Dogwood

MacBook Pro or Air refurbished from Apple.  Will save a couple hundred bucks with no downside.  I'm using one now.  These computers are so problem and hassle-free I take it for granted. I use Windows based computers at work as the software is based upon that format (typical), but for my personal  non-business software needs I'd never buy a Windows pc/tablet etc.  

SODAKer

Take a look at the Dell outlet online. I just picked one up, very happy. 

polecat

I have read  I 7, 8th gen is good for streaming and should be good for 5-10 years. Waiting on that to cut the cord when I have a an extra $1000.

Steve Hunts

MacBooks and MacBook Pro's through local Craig's List. I see them all the time here for cheap.

WyomingArt
2 hours ago, Dogwood said:

MacBook Pro or Air refurbished from Apple.  Will save a couple hundred bucks with no downside.  I'm using one now. 

What he said.

Bull

I also need a laptop,I have an IPad that I love but I can't do the updates to my Alpha 100 or Fenix watch or at least I'm not smart enough to do it

Brad Eden

Hmmm, you might be able to get all you need with an iPad or other PC tablet, all touch screen. Much less expensive than a laptop, different sizes, easy to travel with, etc., etc. you can get refurb iPads from the Apple site at a discount with all the same warranties as new. I spend 95% of my screen time on an iPad and only power up my desktop iMac about once a week. One caveat is if you type a lot. The screen keypad isn't nearly as good as a regular keypad....bit you can but a cordless keypad for tablets as well.