FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Dogwood

Leather belt sources?

Dogwood

So I won the auction brass buckle made by Crazy Horse; it's really beautiful!  Need a worthy leather belt.  Know any good sources?

Thanks.

Dogwood

Dave in Maine

Get one of those carpenter's belts at Harbor Freight.  It's extra long, plenty wide and good heavy leather.  You can stain it, polish it, tool it, whatever, and you won't feel bad about the price.

studdog

Duluth Trading has a great heavy duty belt.

rawhide

For several decades, I have worn ranger belts by Murray Custom Leather both the dress-up and everyday widths and finishes.   I recommend them to you.  They are well made and last.

MNice
On 9/17/2018 at 6:31 AM, Dogwood said:

So I won the auction brass buckle made by Crazy Horse; it's really beautiful!  Need a worthy leather belt.  Know any good sources?

Thanks.

Dogwood

I have a few Duluth Pack leather belts (black only) made from English bridal leather that, if the size is right, I'll gladly trade you for your past professional contributions to UJ, priceless. They're nothing fancy but I'll try to get some pictures and dimensions later today if your're interested.

SelbyLowndes

Don't buy the one with two lines of buckle holes if your belly blocks the view of your buckle...Selbylowndes

Dogwood
43 minutes ago, MNice said:

I have a few Duluth Pack leather belts (black only) made from English bridal leather that, if the size is right, I'll gladly trade you for your past professional contributions to UJ, priceless. They're nothing fancy but I'll try to get some pictures and dimensions later today if your're interested.

Wow very kind gesture thanks so much!  Ordered one from Murray already as they can make it to fit the buckle so I think I'm set.  Those Duluth belts sound pretty nice.

MTRookie76
13 hours ago, caleb said:

The boot shop on main street in Bozeman makes nice ones to order: https://cartersboots.com

Yep, that's what I wear.

garyRI

I got tired of moving belts around and boughht components from these guys and made myself a 6-8 belts: www.weaverleathersupply.com

UplandHntr

I bought a new carry belt recently from BigFoot Gun Belts. Its steel core and so thick Im pretty sure I look like Im wearing a hula hoop. I will die with this belt though. Impossible to wear it out. 

Gunguy

Hanks Belts. I have two and use them daily. I also carry a gun almost all of the time so a sturdy belt is a must for me. The best belts I have ever owned. Made in the USA and a 100 year warranty on every belt. Also mush less expensive than you would think. 

https://www.hanksbelts.com/