FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Dogwood

Household vacuum recommendations please

Dogwood

Must be good with dog hair duh and have furniture attachments etc.  I'm starting to think no one builds a decent one anymore, not unlike toasters and printers.  Help a fella out!

max2

My vote is for a central vac system. No smelly vac to deal with  as everything vents outside .   

Brad Eden

We inherited a Shark "Professional-Rotator" vac from my deceased mother. It's quite awesome. Light powerful, easy to maneuver, good on floors and carpet. Cash the Springer doesn't shed much BUT little Luna the Cav is a shed queen. No problem with this Shark....and yes, I do most of the vaccuming...as the house husband.

topdog1961

We've had this one for over two years. No problems and does a nice job. Recommended it to a friend and they like it also. Apparently a lot of people do, as it's highly rated on Amazon. I like not buying and changing filter bags. It's a good unit, especially for the price. 

image.jpeg

Irishwhistler

SHARK !

steveziv

My wife goes through a lot of vacuums.  Our most recent combo, a Shark upright and a Dyson stick both seem better than the rest.  The Shark is very powerful for carpets and the Dyson is really convenient for the wood floors.

bigdog MN

I bought a rebuilt Dyson and have used it about 4 years.  Picks up an amazing amount of dog hair. Not sure of model, it is not the one with a ball and not the pet hair model.

MNice

Dyson Animal.

Virgil Kane
3 minutes ago, MNice said:

Dyson Animal.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bought one a few years ago and it picks up not only the long hair from my FB but also the short stiff hairs of my Treeing Walker.

I broke a part on my Dyson Animal and took it to a Dyson store.  The guy replaced the part while I waited and at no charge.  In my case great customer service !!  I will never buy anything but a Dyson if/when this one craps out.

Virgil

OldSarge

I have a Shark Pro. It is a great vacuum. Never tried the Dyson but I would stand behind my recommendation of the Shark.

Clueless1
31 minutes ago, topdog1961 said:

We've had this one for over two years. No problems and does a nice job. Recommended it to a friend and they like it also. Apparently a lot of people do, as it's highly rated on Amazon. I like not buying and changing filter bags. It's a good unit, especially for the price. 

image.jpeg

Have had this one for about 2-3 years and have the same comments as TD.  I was pleasantly surprised for under $100.

NECarson

I don't know which one we have, it's yellow. 

I do know that several (at least) carpet companies don't like Dyson, and at least one that says a Dyson will void the warranty. 

caleb

We bought a Roomba about a month ago, and I can't imagine being without it now.

You'll still need something to do stairs and spots the Roomba doesn't reach, but for keeping the dog hair tumbleweeds at bay the Roomba is amazing.

bntsetter

Dyson Animal for the last 15 years....i will buy another when or if this one dies.

EB&Me
1 hour ago, MNice said:

Dyson Animal.

+1