Sign in to follow this  
nutmeg grouser

Dogtra Collar Repair

nutmeg grouser

Of course my transmitter decides to stop working a week before the season opens here in the east. Power on button will not turn on unit. Worked yesterday . Oh well. Any suggestions? Or should I send it out to Dogtra in California?

mccuha

Not a place that typically works on that type of stuff but they have fixed a couple of transmitters for me. Battery,bulbs and more store( I think that the name or something in that line).  If you have one anywhere near you this maybe worth a shot.

Dave Medema

I had the exact thing happen to me on opener morning a few weeks ago.  I had to borrow from my buds to get thru a few days and immediately sent it in to Collar Clinic.  $99 for a full service and repair.  I should get it back soon.  

FWIW - I sent in a 2500 T&B.  

nutmeg grouser

Thanks all,

Even though my dogs assured me they would be on their best behavior without collars I am sending the unit out to collar clinic  today.

Happy Hunting. 

mccuha
1 hour ago, nutmeg grouser said:

Thanks all,

Even though my dogs assured me they would be on their best behavior without collars I am sending the unit out to collar clinic  today.

Happy Hunting. 

You cant go wrong with collar clinic like others had stated. I just thought you were looking for someone close that might could do it locally.  The place I told you about is called batteries +( plus)   If you ever need a new internal rechargeable battery for a handheld or collar they are really good at changing those out. If they don't have the particular battery they can make one. Just an FYI

WPG Gizmo

How old is the unit and when did you last change the batteries if ever.

Batteries are the normal culprit they work until the day they no longer take a charge,  you take out a couple of screws and it is easy to install the new ones. 

Dave Medema

I sent in my unit on Sept 20 and got it back yesterday with a full repair.  They replaced remote batteries, antenna, exterior covers,  new charger, and new battery in the collar.  $99 and less than 2 weeks.  I'm happy.